|Title||High Priestess of Elune|
|Release Date||March 13, 2014|
|Stats per level|
Tyrande Whisperwind, the High Priestess of Elune, is a ranged support hero from the Warcraft universe. She strikes fear into all who wish ill of the Kaldorei. As the highest ranking Sentinel and High Priestess of Elune, she is not only the Night Elves' most deadly warrior, but also their most cunning leader.
Tyrande marks enemy targets so they take increased damage. Summons owls to scout out enemy positions.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
A peerless hunter by moonlight and the chosen of the goddess Elune, Tyrande has led the night elves in war for ages.
Tyrande was born thousands of years ago and grew up in the company of Malfurion and Illidan Stormrage. She answered the call of the Sisters of Elune, followers of the night elves' Goddess of the Moon, and became a novice priestess, while the Stormrage brothers followed different paths. Their destinies merged anew when the Burning Legion arrived on Azeroth.
Tyrande and Malfurion grew close and battled against the invading demons together, but Illidan pursued a darker path, feigning allegiance to the Burning Legion and succumbing to the temptations of power. After the defeat of the Legion and the Sundering, Tyrande and Malfurion helped rebuild elven society; Illidan was imprisoned beneath Mount Hyjal.
The couple could not remain together for long; soon after the night elves settled near Mount Hyjal, Malfurion and the other night elf druids were needed in the Emerald Dream. While Malfurion slept in the Dream, Tyrande commanded her people, forming the Sentinels – the night elven army – to guard their lands and allies.
During the Third War, Tyrande sent her Sentinels to deter the advances of the Horde in Kalimdor, but ultimately ended up working with them to battle the armies of the Burning Legion, an effort that also forced her to awaken the druids, including Malfurion, from the Emerald Dream. Their time together was cut short when the elder Stormrage suffered from the corruption of the Dream, but Tyrande joined her lover to defeat the menace, and they both returned to Azeroth, where they protected their people (and the other races of the Alliance) from the destruction caused by Deathwing and the advances of Garrosh Hellscream in Kalimdor.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: Upon gaining 40 bonus Attack Damage, you can also activate Seasoned Marksman to increase your Attack Speed by 40% for 3 seconds. 60 second cooldown.
Activate to shield an allied Hero for 15% of their max Health for 5 seconds.
Activate to place a ward on the ground that heals allies in an area for 2% of their maximum Health every second for 10 seconds.
Activate to increase Basic Attack damage by 50% for 5 seconds. Each attack costs 10 Mana.
Activate to calldown a Mule that repairs Structures, one at a time, near target point for 40 seconds, healing for 100 Health every 1 second. Grants 1 ammo every 3 seconds.
Stealth all allied Heroes and heal them for 240 (+4% per level) over 8 seconds. At the conclusion of Shadowstalk, they receive a burst of 95 (+4% per level) healing.
Deal 91 (+4% per level) damage per second and slow enemies by 20% in an area. Lasts 8 seconds.
Activate to gain 75% Movement Speed for 3 seconds.
Activate to reduce an enemy Hero's damage by 50% and Movement Speed by 50% for 4 seconds.
Activate to give all nearby allied Heroes a Shield for 20% of their max Health for 3 seconds.
Activate to reset the cooldowns of your Basic Abilities.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- High Priestess of Elune
- Backstory: Ever since they were children, Tyrande had known her fate was bound to that of Malfurion's. Now, she would serve as his warden, and for his betrayal the sentence would be eternal.
- Price: $7.49 / 6.49€
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of alternative shared history skins.
- Blood Elf
- Backstory: Named for her ancestor, the first Sun Queen, Tyrande Windrunner serves the blood elves as their Ranger General, preparing her people for their pilgrimage into Outland.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Epic Skin Features: Themed Abilities. The Light of Elune is gold and Sentinel summons a phoenix, while Basic Attack, Lunar Flare and Starfall have fiery effects.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of alternative history skins.
- Eagle Eye
- Backstory: When the Eternal Empire destroyed her home planet, Tyrande Solarwind swore to avenge her fallen people. Her quest has led her to the city of New York in order to eliminate her mortal enemy.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Epic Skin Features: Themed Abilities. Light of Elune, Sentinel, Lunar Flare, and Starfall have comic book-style spell effects. Shadowstalk marks Heroes with a feather above their heads.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Eternal Empire skins.
- Love Goddess
- Backstory: With her enchanted arrows and her keen insight into the hearts of mortals, the Love Goddess is responsible for more than one match made in heaven.
- Price: $9.99 / 9.99€
- Skin Features: Themed abilities.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of holiday skins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Tyrande first appeared in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (2002).
- Tyrande is voiced by Elisa Gabrielli.
- She was under consideration for inclusion as early as 2011.
- One of Tyrande's gag quotes is a reference to Sailor Moon's taunt phrase, "In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!" Tyrande's status as the High Priestess of Elune clearly shows.
- Tyrande's dance animation is derived from the dance steps of Beyoncé's Single Ladies music video.
- In Warcraft III, Tyrande was an Amazonian character. In World of Warcraft she had a moon dress and ceremonial armor that didn't necessarily reflect what the art team wanted from a character who was meant to be combative and hands-on on the battlefield. Her Heroes of the Storm design was meant to combine that iconic white dress with an armored Sentinel look.
- One of Tyrande's gag quotes refers to the Jehovah's Witnesses, a Christian denomination known for their door-to-door preaching.
- One of her gag quote references Goodnight Moon, a picture book for children.
- Tyrande owns a large frostsaber named Ash'alah.
- The third tint of Tyrande's default palette resembles the Highborne.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2013-11-09, BlizzCon 2013 – Heroes of the Storm – All Videos. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2013-12-12
- 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
- 2015-06-12, IGN: How Blizzard's Heroes Went From Concepts to Icons
- Mr. Jack on DeviantArt: Ladies of Warcraft
[edit | edit source]
- Tyrande - Heroes of the Storm
- Tyrande Whisperwind - Wowpedia
- Tyrande Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Tyrande Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Tyrande Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm