|Release Date||March 18, 2014|
|Stats per level|
Tychus Findlay, the Notorious Outlaw, is a ranged assassin hero from the StarCraft universe. He is a big man with a big ego and even bigger gun. Fortunately enough, his loyalty is easily won. Buy him a whiskey or three and promise him enough credits, and there's no job in the whole universe too dangerous for this outlaw.
History[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the StarCraft universe.
The truth about Tychus Findlay’s past is hard to come by. Stories about him are common enough, but distilling fact from fiction is another matter entirely. Some tales describe Findlay as a scoundrel who would sell his own mother to Kimeran pirates for the right sum, while others portray him as a loyal soldier who risked his life to save his fellow Marines during the Guild Wars. Even the one man who knows him best, Jim Raynor, isn’t sure if all of the stories are true. He can only attest to what he saw with his own eyes after he and Findlay became friends in the Confederate military.
As the war progressed, Findlay became a member of the 321st Colonial Rangers Battalion, an elite fighting force tasked with high-priority missions on Turaxis II. Tychus was an exceptional soldier, and his unit—nicknamed the “Heaven’s Devils”—quickly earned a reputation as a daring and effective military asset. After a successful stint in the Heaven’s Devils, however, Findlay’s military career came to an abrupt end. He went AWOL after a botched mission into Kel-Morian territory that resulted in the friendly fire deaths of Confederate soldiers. Findlay blamed the incident on his commanding officers, but he knew that he might be held accountable for the operation’s deaths. His intuition were correct: the Confederate military charged him in absentia with manslaughter.
Findlay and Raynor spent the next few years on the run as outlaws. Together they stalked the Koprulu sector, pulling off heists and amassing a small fortune. Findlay in particular became the stuff of legend due to his habit of embellishing the details of his exploits to everyone he met. He was well suited to this life of crime, and the credits he obtained allowed him to enjoy what he considered the finer things in life: booze, brothels, and the best cigars in the Koprulu sector. But the good times didn’t last. Echoing Findlay and Raynor’s earlier misfortune during the Guild Wars, the outlaws’ crime spree came to a sudden end. Authorities cornered Tychus and Jim during a risky heist, and Findlay was apprehended. Raynor, however, escaped in the ensuing chaos.
Tychus Findlay is now rumored to be locked away in New Folsom Prison. Convicts who are sent to this maximum security facility are rarely heard from again, but Findlay is a survivor. Even when all of the cards are stacked against him, he always manages to find a way out of tough situations.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: Once you have gathered 25 Regeneration Globes, also increase the range of Run and Gun by 50%.
❢ Reward: None
❢ Reward: Upon reaching 15 Stacks, your attack speed is increased by an additional 10%.
Active: Call down a Laser Drill to attack nearby enemies, dealing 142 damage every second. Reactivate to assign a new target. Lasts 22 seconds.
Activate to gain 75 Spell Armor for 3 seconds, reducing Ability Damage taken by 75%.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Notorious Outlaw
- Backstory: Maybe keeping that visor open on Char wasn't the best idea...
- Price: $14.99 / 12.99€
- Skin Features: Replaced voice-over, themed abilities, themed animations. Infested Tychus has a green Overkill animation, throws a baneling when using Frag Grenade, and produces green smoke when he uses Run and Gun. His Odin and Laser Drill are Zerg-infested.
- Backstory: They say no one has ever escaped from New Folsom Prison. Wasn't too long ago that they were still right.
- Price: $7.49 / 6.49€
- Skin Features: Altered voice-over.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Tychus first appeared in StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (2010).
- Tychus is voiced by Neil Kaplan.
- Tychus was revealed as a assassin hero on March 11, 2014, via Facebook.
- Coloration is the main thing that distinguishes Tychus's default skin from Raynor's.
- Tychus used to smoke a cigar, but it was removed from his model because it would have changed the game's rating in certain regions.
- The second and third tints of Tychus's default skin feature decals depicting the Overwatch characters Widowmaker and Tracer, respectively.
- One of Tychus' gag quotes references the use of firearms and the term "spray and pray".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Blizzard DOTA models of Tychus and various other heroes.
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2013-11-09, BlizzCon 2013 – Heroes of the Storm – Concept Art and Screenshots. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2013-11-14
- 2014-11-04, It's Tychus Week!. Heroes of the Storm Facebook, accessed on 2014-11-03
[edit | edit source]
- Developer Insights: Talkin’ ‘Bout Tychus
- Tychus Hero Week
- Tychus - Heroes of the Storm
- Tychus - StarCraft II
- Tychus Findlay - StarCraft Wiki
- Tychus Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Tychus Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Tychus Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm