|Title||Agent of Overwatch|
|Release Date|| April 19, 2016 (Pre-Release)|
April 26, 2016 (Full Release)
|Stats per level|
Tracer, the Agent of Overwatch, is a ranged assassin hero from the Overwatch universe. Lena Oxton (call sign: Tracer) is an adventurer and an irrepressible force for good. With the ability to alter her own time at will, she fights the good fight wherever she goes – even the Nexus. Bending space and time, Tracer is an extremely mobile and deadly teammate. Don’t worry, loves. The cavalry’s here.
Tracer is an extremely mobile Hero who can move while shooting. She can also bend time and space to defeat her enemies, or escape from danger.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Overwatch universe.
The former Overwatch agent known as Tracer is a time-jumping adventurer and an irrepressible force for good.
Lena Oxton (call sign: "Tracer") was the youngest person ever inducted into Overwatch's experimental flight program. Known for her fearless piloting skills, she was handpicked to test the prototype of a teleporting fighter, the Slipstream. But during its first flight, the aircraft's teleportation matrix malfunctioned, and it disappeared. Lena was presumed dead.
She reappeared months later, but her ordeal had greatly changed her: her molecules had been desynchronized from the flow of time. Suffering from "chronal disassociation," she was a living ghost, disappearing for hours and days at a time. Even for the brief moments she was present, she was unable to maintain physical form.
Overwatch's doctors and scientists were stumped, and Tracer's case seemed hopeless until a scientist named Winston designed the chronal accelerator, a device capable of keeping Tracer anchored in the present. In addition, it gave Tracer the ability to control her own time, allowing her to speed it up and slow it down at will. With her newfound skills, she became one of Overwatch's most effective agents.
Since Overwatch's dissolution, Tracer has continued to right wrongs and fight the good fight wherever the opportunity presents itself.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: None
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Agent of Overwatch
- Backstory: Lena Oxton (call sign: "Tracer"), is both an adventurer and an irrepressible force for good. With the ability to alter her own time at will, she fights the good fight wherever she goes -- even the Nexus. Don't worry, loves. The cavalry's finally here.
- Price: 10,000 / $9.99 / 8.99€, or free with the purchase of Overwatch: Origins Edition.
- Backstory: While terrazine exposure greatly enhances psionic powers, Tracer's ability to manipulate her own space-time is considered a unique gift even among her fellow Spectres.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Skin Features: Themed abilities, altered voice-over. Basic Attack, Blink, Melee, Recall, and Pulse Bomb have holographic orange effects.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other franchises merging into StarCraft skins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Tracer was the first hero from the Overwatch franchise to enter the Nexus, and she appeared in Heroes of the Storm a month before Overwatch was released.
- Tracer is voiced by British drama actress Cara Theobold.
- Tracer hails from London, England, and is 26 years old.
- It was revealed that Tracer would be added to Heroes of the Storm at BlizzCon 2015.
- Those who pre-purchased a digital copy of Overwatch: Origins Edition gained access to Tracer on April 19, 2016. She became available for sale to everyone as of April 26, 2016.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Tracer and Widowmaker Nova.
Dashing over a gate to defend against Lunara.
Fighting Raynor for control of a shrine.
Escaping Jaina's Ring of Frost.
Escaping Leoric's Entomb.
Helping Gazlowe take a mercenary camp.
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Tracer - Heroes of the Storm
- Tracer - Overwatch, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2014-12-17
- Tracer joining the Nexus with 'Overwatch: Origins Edition'
[edit | edit source]
- Tracer Hero Week
- Tracer - Heroes of the Storm
- Tracer - Overwatch
- Tracer - Overwatch Wiki
- Tracer Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Tychus Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes