|Title||Warchief of the Horde|
|Release Date||January 13, 2015|
|Stats per level|
Thrall, the Warchief of the Horde, is a melee assassin hero from the Warcraft universe.  As a child, he served the cruel Aedelas Blackmoore as a slave. After gaining his freedom, he guided the liberated orcs to a land of their own, and worked to recover their ancient traditions. Now and forever Thrall is the Warchief of the Horde.
Thrall is a melee heavy hitter with powerful Lightning and Earth spells. He heals himself through Ability casts.
History[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
The former slave known as Thrall brought unity to the Horde, turning ravagers into architects and securing a future for his people.
"Thrall" was the moniker bestowed on the young orc Go'el in his first home - an internment camp created to keep the orc prisoners of the Second War from ever threatening Azeroth again - and the name could not be less fitting. When Go'el escaped his prison, he traveled in search of not just aimless freedom but his roots, eventually finding wisdom in the shamanic beliefs of his ancestors.
Thrall's shamanism guided his actions as he re-formed the Horde, becoming its warchief and leading his people to settle in an arid land that he called Durotar, in honor of his father, Durotan. Thrall led the Horde through a seemingly unceasing series of trials: the lifting of the demonic blood-curse that had tainted the orcs, a Burning Legion attack on Mount Hyjal, and the fall of the dreaded Lich King. When Deathwing returned and shattered the world, Thrall stepped down from his role as the Horde's warchief, instead joining the Earthen Ring, a powerful shamanic group, in an attempt to put the elements to rest and stop the Destroyer. Thrall chose Garrosh Hellscream as his successor, a decision he came to regret when the ruthlessness of the new warchief was aimed at other members of the Horde.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: Upon gaining 40 bonus Attack Damage, you can also activate Seasoned Marksman to increase your Attack Speed by 40% for 3 seconds. 60 second cooldown.
Activate to poison an enemy Hero, dealing 352 damage over 10 seconds.
Frostwolf Resilience can be activated to immediately heal you.
After a short delay, sunder the earth in a long line, dealing 601 (285 + 4% per level) damage and shoving enemies to the side, stunning them for 1.0 seconds.
Summon a massive Earthquake that pulses every 2 seconds. Each pulse slows all enemies in the area by 70%, and deals 110 (52 + 4% per level) damage to enemy Heroes . Does 3 pulses..
Upon taking Ability Damage, reduce that damage and further Ability Damage by 50% for 3 seconds. Can only trigger once every 30 seconds.
Activate to deal 10% of target enemy Hero's Max Health and heal for twice that amount.
Activate to teleport to a nearby location.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Warchief of the Horde
- Backstory: Go'el, the new Warlord of the Ashwolf clan, lifted the shattered Doomhammer from the Blackrock chieftain’s corpse. Of his father’s betrayers, only Gul'dan remained.
- Price: $7.49 / 6.49€
- Skin Features: Altered voice-over.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of alternative shared history skins.
- Backstory: The weight of the world hangs upon the Aspect of Earth, a burden no mortal can bear. As Thrall embraced its power, he was consumed by living rock and forever changed.
- Price: $7.49 / 6.49€
- Skin Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities. Earthbreaker Thrall's Chain Lightning looks like a stream of fire, his Feral Spirit are made of rock, and his Earthquake creates a different symbol on the ground.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Thrall first appeared in Warcraft: Of Blood and Honor (2001 novel) and Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (2002 game). His own game (Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans) was cancelled in 1998.
- Thrall is voiced by Chris Metzen.
- Thrall was a support hero in Blizzard DOTA.
- Thrall was chosen to represent the shaman class by being the most well known shaman of Warcraft. In order to distinguish him from Za'Muro, he was given a cyber wolf to ride. This sparked the idea of mounts in the game.
- Thrall previously possessed a bloodlust ability.
- Rehgar's kit (other than his trait) originally belonged to Thrall. It was moved to Rehgar so Thrall could be redesigned as a more aggressive hero.
- Thrall was one of the heroes revealed at BlizzCon 2014.
- In World of Warcraft, Thrall has a wife named Aggra and a son named Durak.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Blizzard DOTA models of Thrall and various other heroes.
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- StarCraft. 2011-10-20. Blizzard DOTA Trailer. Youtube. Accessed 2011-10-22.
- 2013-11-08, BlizzCon 2013 - Heroes of the Storm - Building the Nexus. YouTube, accessed on 2013-12-12
- 2014-03-18, Hero Interaction Strings - Introduction Questions, accessed on 2014-03-18
- 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
- 2013-11-11, Heroes of the Storm: Sixen Interviews Dustin Browder. YouTube, accessed on 2013-12-01
- 2014-07-24, Developer Insights: The Bloodlust of Rehgar
[edit | edit source]
- Thrall Hero Week
- Thrall - Heroes of the Storm
- Thrall - Wowpedia
- Thrall Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Tychus Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes