|Release Date||June 30, 2015|
|Stats per level|
The Butcher, the Flesh Carver, is a melee assassin hero from the Diablo universe. The Butcher is a sadistic creature that delights in the torture and pain of others. His insatiable hunger drives him to carve up his enemies and consume their fresh meat. Even those fighting alongside him shrink away in fear when he draws near. He is violence incarnate; he is brutality given shape.
The Butcher gathers meat from fallen enemies to gain power, brutally assaulting his enemies.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to Diablo universe.
There are many butcher demons within the Burning Hells, though they used to be solely under Diablo's command. The butchers are stitched together from the parts of other demons to combine their strengths, then given life through wicked magic.
Under the guise of searching for the king's missing son, Archbishop Lazarus led many of Tristram's citizens into the old cathedral. The archbishop lured them into a trap, and most of them were killed by the Butcher. The survivors were left with wounds that festered with disease, and even the town's healer found them almost impossible to treat. The Butcher was eventually slain by Prince Aidan and his allies.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
After a 3 second delay, fire explodes around you dealing 1096 (520 + 4% per level) damage to enemies.Can be cast while using Ruthless Onslaught.
Throw a hitching post that attaches to the nearest enemy Hero after a 1 second delay. This deals 375 (178 + 4% per level) damage and causes the enemy to be chained to the post and Silenced for 3 seconds.
Receiving damage that reduces you below 50% of your maximum Health causes you to become Enraged for 10 seconds. While Enraged, you gain 40% Attack Speed and 25 Armor, reducing damage taken by 25%.
Activate to teleport to a nearby location.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Flesh Carver
- Backstory: There are many Butchers within the Burning Hells, but only those who serve Duriel, the Lord of Pain, bolt plates of burning iron to their flesh.
- Price: $7.49 / 6.49€
- The Butcherlisk
- Backstory: Abathur's newest creation was inspired by the tenacity of the hellish abominations he encountered in the Nexus. Its instructions were simple: Acquire fresh essence. Evolve.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Skin Features: Themed abilities. Fresh Meat drops are chunks of green biomass. Hamstring causes green acid to erupt from the ground. Butcher's Brand is green. Ruthless Onslaught displays an image of the Butcherlisk's head with a green aura over the target. Furnace Blast explodes into green acid. Lamb to the Slaughter creates a Spine Crawler that chains targets with a clawed tentacle.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other franchises merging into StarCraft skins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Butcher first appeared in Diablo (1996). His Heroes of the Storm design reflects his appearance in Diablo III (2012).
- The Butcher was under consideration for inclusion as early as 2011.
- The Butcher was released on June 30th, 2015.
- The models shown at BlizzCons 2013 and 2014 depicted the Butcher's cleaver, sickle, hands, and apron as being covered with blood. In the live game, they are all clean.
- The Butcher only speaks a handful of words, like "fresh", "meat", "kill", and "slaughter".
- Even without his buffs, the Butcher has the highest auto-attack DPS of any hero in the game.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Butcher fights Johanna.
The Butcher rides his battle beast.
The Butcher in the Eternal Conflict.
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2013-11-09, Heroes Skin Showcase - Heroes of the Storm - Blizzcon 2013. YouTube, accessed on 2013-12-01
- The Butcher Hero Week
- The Butcher Hero Page
- HeroesNexus: The Butcher
- Deckard Cain, Diablo III
- The Butcher (quest), Diablo
- Butcher's Carver, Diablo III
- The Imprisoned Angel (quest), Diablo III
- 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
- HeroesNexus: Eternal Conflict Event
[edit | edit source]
- The Butcher Hero Week
- The Butcher - Heroes of the Storm
- The Butcher - Diablo Wiki
- The Butcher Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Butcher%20-%20Default.html Butcher Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm