|Title||Savior of the Templar|
|Release Date||March 13, 2014|
|Stats per level|
Tassadar, the Savior of the Templar, is a ranged support hero from the StarCraft universe. An executor without equal, Tassadar fought valiantly to save Aiur from the Zerg. Channeling the Khala and Void, he destroyed the Overmind at the cost of his life. In the glory of combat Protoss warriors forever invoke his name: "En Taro, Tassadar!"
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the StarCraft universe.
Once branded a heretic by the ruling body of the Protoss known as the Conclave, Tassadar is now considered one of the greatest heroes in the history of this enigmatic race of psionic warriors. From an early age, Tassadar was wholely devoted to the Khala, the Protoss religion that required all Protoss to remain psionically linked in the name of conformity and harmony. However, he also questioned the Conclave's rigidity and dogmatic obsession with tradition. Despite his reservations about the Protoss leadership, his innate intelligence and strength allowed him to rise quickly through the ranks and eventually earned him the rank of Executor of the Protoss fleet.
It was Tassadar who made first contact with both the ravenous Zerg and the relatively young Terrans. Once the Conclave examined the Zerg and realized the threat they posed, they ordered Tassadar to wipe out any signs of their infestation, including worlds inhabited by the Terrans. Tassadar, however, felt it was the Protoss' responsibility to protect the Terrans and refused to carry out his orders unless there was absolutely no hope of saving the planet in question. Eventually Tassadar was ordered to return home and face the Conclave for his insubordination, but he refused in favor of continuing his fight against the Zerg as best as he could without sacrificing Terran worlds. His fight would eventually bring him into contact with several allies, including a Terran named Jim Raynor as well as a group of Protoss known as the Dark Templar, an individualistic sect that had been exiled in ages past for refusing to join the Khala. Though initially hesitant to interact with the Dark Templars, Tassadar came to appreciate the powers of the Dark Templar that were lost to those who embraced the Khala. Eventually learning to use those powers for himself and combine them with his understanding of the Khala, Tassadar became inarguably the most powerful Protoss in existence.
Despite his new abilities, the Conclave abhorred his interactions with the Dark Templar and branded him a heretic to be killed on sight. Ever dedicated to protecting his home regardless of his own fate, Tassadar returned to the Protoss homeworld of Aiur to defend it from the Zerg. After defeating the Conclave forces that were more intent with stopping him than the Zerg, Tassadar rallied what was left of his allies and made in one last stand against the Zerg Overmind. Despite their best efforts, nothing could significantly harm the Overmind, and thus Tassadar sacrificed himself by crashing his carrier into the massive creature while channeling both the Khala-based powers that he had grown up with as well as those of the Dark Templar. The resulting explosion succeeded in killing the Overmind, and while the Zerg remained on Aiur their loss of an all-powerful leader gave the Protoss the room they needed to survive.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: After hitting 500 enemies, increase the size of Psionic Storm by 20%.
❢ Reward: After hitting 1000 enemies, increase the damage of Psionic Storm by 20%.
❢ Reward: After spending 30 seconds attacking Heroes, Distortion Beam's damage is increased by 150%.
❢ Reward: After spending 60 seconds attacking Heroes, Distortion Beam's range is increased by an additional 1.
❢ Reward: After collecting 20 Regeneration Globes, Plasma Shield retains 50% of its value after it expires.
❢ Reward: After collecting 40 Regeneration Globes, Plasma Shield persists indefinitely.
❢ Reward: Upon getting 5 Takedowns, the sight range of Oracle is increased by 50%.
Tassadar transforms into an Archon and gains a Plasma Shield. His Basic Attacks deal 175 (+4% per level) damage, slow the target by 30% for 1 second and splash for 88 (+4% per level) damage to enemies within 2.5 range. Lasts for 10 seconds.
Passive: Archon refreshes the cooldown of Dimensional Shift.
Create a wall that blocks all units from moving through it for 2 seconds.
Passive: Increases the slow amount of Distortion Beam to 30%.
Activate to reduce the damage the target enemy Hero deals by 75% for 4 seconds.
Activate to give all nearby allied Heroes an untalented Plasma Shield.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Savior of the Templar
- Backstory: The Kaijo Diablo could not be contained; cities world-wide had been reduced to cinders. Now humanity's survival hangs upon the untested mecha, Tassadar.
- Price: $14.99 / 12.99€
- Skin Features: Replaced voice-over, themed abilities, themed mount. Mecha Tassadar can Mecha Morph into a jet. His Basic Attack fires missiles, his Plasma Shield has an altered appearance (and different symbols on it), and his Psionic Storm produces crescent-shaped explosions. His Archon form is mecha-themed, and his Force Wall is produced by mechanical generators. He sends out miniature Protoss observers when he uses his Oracle ability.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Kaijo world skins.
- Crypt King
- Backstory: Pharaoh Ta-sadar knew the power of the darkworld would consume his realm, but Luxoria would still survive... Better the Nexus devour his kingdom than the Scorpid Swarm.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Skin Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities. Crypt King Tassadar's Plasma Shield is purple and bears spider symbols. His Psionic Storm produces sand.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Luxoria skins.
Mounts[edit | edit source]
Mecha Tassadar has access to "Mecha Morph", a unique mount that allows him to turn into a jet.
- Backstory: Mecha Tassadar, mechamorphanize!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Tassadar first appeared in StarCraft (1998).
- Tassadar is voiced by Michael Gough.
- Tassadar was one of the 18 heroes revealed at BlizzCon 2013.
- During the Technical Alpha, the flavour text for the Mecha skin referenced the Transformers.
- Although they are unwilling to admit it, Tassadar Prime and the Zealobots are losing the civil war against the Judicons. Little do they know, deep within the core of Aiurtron an infestation is growing...
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Blizzard DOTA models of Tassadar and various other heroes.
Master Tassadar in the Eternal Conflict.
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Tassadar - Heroes of the Storm
- Tassadar - StarCraft Wiki
- Tassadar Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Tassadar Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Tassadar Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm