|Release Date||March 14, 2017|
|Health||1310 (+4% per level)|
|Health Regen||2.73 (+4% per level)|
|Energy||600 (+4% per level)|
|Attack Damage||34 (+4% per level)|
|Stats per level|
- "(+4%perlevel)" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 600.
- "%" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 110.
- "(+4%perlevel)" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 34.
Probius, the Curious Probe, is a ranged specialist hero from the StarCraft universe. Since his activation, Probius has always wanted to prove himself. He may be small, but he made a big difference by warping in a critical pylon during the retaking of Aiur. As the bravest of probes, Probius is eager to fulfill his purpose in the Nexus.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the StarCraft universe.
Originally designed by the Khalai caste to lay the foundation for protoss settlements, probes are robotic drones that service the Nexus and gather the numerous resources needed to power protoss technologies. Probes also manufacture and plant the micro-beacons that anchor the teleport matrices of structures. These beacons allow the protoss to warp-in prefabricated structures from their homeworld. Often probes are used as rudimentary spies, sent ahead to survey the potential locations of enemy encampments.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: After hitting 10 Heroes with Warp Rift explosions, increase the explosion damage by 100.
❢ Reward: After hitting 20 Heroes with Warp Rift explosions, Warp Rift gains 1 additional charge.
❢ Reward: After collecting 70 Minerals, Photon Cannons deal 25% more damage, can see over obstacles, and reveal nearby Cloaked units.
Increase the size of Pylon power fields and allow them to attack enemies within it for 52 (+4% per level) damage per second. Lasts 10 seconds.
Passive: Pylons gain permanent Shields equal to 30% of their max Health.
Vector Targeting. Project a barrier of negative energy in the target direction that lasts 4 seconds. Enemies who touch the barrier take 17 (+4% per level) damage per second and are slowed by 80% for as long as they remain in contact with it.
Additional Pulses do not benefit from Echo Pulse or Particle Accelerator.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Curious Probe
- Backstory: Since his activation, Probius has always wanted to prove himself. He may be small, but he made a big difference by warping in a critical pylon during the retaking of Aiur. As the bravest of probes, Probius is eager to fulfill his purpose in the Nexus.
- Probius Prime
- Backstory: Though the probe's basic design has remained unchanged for many cycles, inventive phase-smiths are always experimenting with ways to improve its operational efficiency.
- Backstory: Despite loud opposition from the SCV pilot's union, the Dominion Engineering Corps continues its attempts to replicate the technology utilized by the protoss in their construction of probes.
- Rare Skin Features: Terran Probius's Pylons, Photon Cannons, and Null Gates have boxier, terran-style designs. His Disruption Pulse fires a rocket.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Probes first appeared in StarCraft (1998). Probius first appeared in the opening cinematic for StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void (2015).
- The Development Team started referring to Probius as "Beep, Boop - You're dead" because of his incredible burst damage.
- The second tint of Probius' default skin depicts it as a Purifier probe, and the third one as a Tal'darim probe.
- The skin "Terran Probius 01" is a referrence to the anime "Evangelion" in which a giant mecha called "Eva 01" has a similar color design.
- Probius is the smallest StarCraft hero in the game.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Probius Hero Week
- Probius - Heroes of the Storm
- Probe - StarCraft Game Units
- Probius - StarCraft Wiki
- Probius Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Probius Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm