|Release Date||March 13, 2014|
|Health||1405 (+4% per level)|
|Health Regen||2.92 (+4% per level)|
|Energy||500 Mana (+4% per level)|
|Speed||100% / 140%|
|Attack Damage||109 (+4% per level)|
|Stats per level|
- "Mana(+4%perlevel)" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 500.
- "%/140%" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 100.
- "(+4%perlevel)" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 109.
November "Nova" Terra, the Dominion Ghost, is a ranged assassin hero from the StarCraft universe. She is a ghost of the Terran Dominion and one of the most powerful psionic soldiers ever known. Nova is highly focused, determined, and extremely deadly. Even Jim Raynor wouldn't want to be caught within her crosshairs.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the StarCraft universe.
November "Nova" Terra spent the best parts of her youth as the golden child of one of Tarsonis' wealthy Old Families. Though she exhibited signs of burgeoning psionic potential, Nova's parents insisted that she was merely sensitive or "empathetic," hoping to keep her abilities a secret (as much from the Ghost Academy that would conscript their child as from Nova herself).
When her family was violently betrayed and her telekinetic powers became destructively apparent, Nova was forced into hiding in the crime-ridden slums of Tarsonis' Gutter. The story of Nova's emergence from the Gutter is apocryphal, but the burden of psionic abilities and the pain of her family's ruin led her to seek refuge among the very Ghosts her parents hoped to keep her from.
Supremely dedicated, Nova excelled as a trainee in the Ghost Academy on Ursa, eventually earning the questionable reward of a mind-wipe that erased all recollection of her tragic youth – and the majority of her long-term memory with it.
As a full-fledged Ghost operative, Nova's duties have included battling zerg, investigating the psionic killers known as Spectres, and even dealing with noted enemy of the people Jim Raynor. Her service record has seen her assigned tasks of increasing importance to the leadership of the Dominion, and she stands ready to be dispatched on missions that will make her past pale in comparison.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
Activate to reset the cooldowns of your Basic Abilities.
Activate to gain Stealth and become unrevealable for 2 seconds. You do not lose Stealth from attacking, or using Abilities during this time.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Dominion Ghost
- Backstory: November "Nova" Terra is a ghost of the Terran Dominion and one of the most powerful psionic soldiers ever known. Nova is highly focused, determined, and extremely deadly. Even Jim Raynor wouldn't want to be caught within her crosshairs.
- Elite Agent
- Backstory: The Crius Stealthsuit was the ultimate hostile environment suit developed by the Terran Dominion for its ghost. Unfortunately, due to its immense cost, few were ever deployed.
- Backstory: Nova couldn't let Tosh face his fate alone, and together they embraced the spectre program. It was her and him against the whole damn universe... just the way she liked it.
- Epic Skin Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities. Basic Attack, Pinning Shot, Triple Tap, and Precision Strike have altered, orange animations, while Snipe has a green one.
- Roller Derby
- Backstory: Kate "Supernova" Dennings doesn't take any crap from her rivals on the track. Why should the Nexus be any different?
- Epic Skin Features: Altered voice-over, themed animations. Roller Derby Nova skates around instead of running.
- Backstory: Hailing from the Skovos Isles, the Askari, or Amazons, are skilled combatants. The young warrior Nova is an expert sharpshooter; eager to make her mark on the world.
- Epic Skin Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities. Novazon Nova throws a spear when using Snipe, and fires a flaming arrow when using Pinning Shot. Her decoys look like magical illusions rather than technological holograms.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other franchises merging into Diablo skins.
- Backstory: Once, she once led a normal life... But now, after intense neural reconditioning, she is one of the most effective assassins still alive. Oh, and this skin makes her look like Widowmaker.
- Epic Skin Features: Themed abilities. Snipe has a red and purple animation. Pinning Shot looks like Widowmaker's Venom Mine. Triple Tap is purple and creates a purple cylinder around the target. Precision Strike is purple and creates a different symbol when it strikes.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other franchises merging into Overwatch skins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Nova first appeared in StarCraft: Ghost: Nova (2006 novel) and StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (2010 game). Her own game (StarCraft: Ghost) was cancelled in 2006.
- Nova is voiced by Grey DeLisle.
- Nova may have been a replacement for Leon.
- Nova was one of the 18 heroes revealed at BlizzCon 2013.
- The third tint of Nova's default skin depicts Kerrigan before she was infested by the zerg.
- A large statue of Nova can be seen at Blizzard's office in Irvine, California.
- NECA revealed the Heroes of the Storm Nova action figure at Toy Fair NY 2015.
- Widowmaker, a character from Overwatch, appears as a skin for Nova. Kent-Erik Hagman stated that it is unlikely that Widowmaker will be added as a separate hero.
- Nova's "blondes have more fun" quote references a phrase popularized by a Clairol advertising campaign.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Blizzard DOTA models of Nova and various other heroes.
Novazon Nova in the Eternal Conflict.
Nova and Stitches.
The Nova action figure.
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2011-11-08, Heroes Of The Storm Reveal MOBA Monster, accessed on 2013-11-19
- Zero. 2009-04-04. My Day at Blizzard. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2009-05-18.
- BlizzPlanet: Toy Fair NY 2015 NECA Heroes of the Storm Action Figures Photos
- Heroes of The Storm Dev Discusses Cho'Gall Balance, Hero Design, And More
- Mr. Jack on DeviantArt: The many faces of Nova
[edit | edit source]
- Nova - Heroes of the Storm
- Nova - StarCraft II
- Nova Terra - StarCraft Wiki
- Nova Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Nova Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Nova Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm