|Stats per level|
November "Nova" Terra, the Dominion Ghost, is a ranged assassin hero from the StarCraft universe. She is a ghost of the Terran Dominion and one of the most powerful psionic soldiers ever known. Nova is highly focused, determined, and extremely deadly. Even Jim Raynor wouldn't want to be caught within her crosshairs.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the StarCraft universe.
November "Nova" Terra spent the best parts of her youth as the golden child of one of Tarsonis' wealthy Old Families. Though she exhibited signs of burgeoning psionic potential, Nova's parents insisted that she was merely sensitive or "empathetic," hoping to keep her abilities a secret (as much from the Ghost Academy that would conscript their child as from Nova herself).
When her family was violently betrayed and her telekinetic powers became destructively apparent, Nova was forced into hiding in the crime-ridden slums of Tarsonis' Gutter. The story of Nova's emergence from the Gutter is apocryphal, but the burden of psionic abilities and the pain of her family's ruin led her to seek refuge among the very Ghosts her parents hoped to keep her from.
Supremely dedicated, Nova excelled as a trainee in the Ghost Academy on Ursa, eventually earning the questionable reward of a mind-wipe that erased all recollection of her tragic youth – and the majority of her long-term memory with it.
As a full-fledged Ghost operative, Nova's duties have included battling zerg, investigating the psionic killers known as Spectres, and even dealing with noted enemy of the people Jim Raynor. Her service record has seen her assigned tasks of increasing importance to the leadership of the Dominion, and she stands ready to be dispatched on missions that will make her past pale in comparison.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Dominion Ghost
- Backstory: November "Nova" Terra is a ghost of the Terran Dominion and one of the most powerful psionic soldiers ever known. Nova is highly focused, determined, and extremely deadly. Even Jim Raynor wouldn't want to be caught within her crosshairs.
- Price: 10,000 / $9.99 / 8.99€
- Note: The third tint depicts Kerrigan before she was infested by the Zerg.
- Backstory: Hailing from the Skovos Isles, the Askari, or Amazons, are skilled combatants. The young warrior Nova is an expert sharpshooter; eager to make her mark on the world.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Epic Skin Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities. Novazon Nova throws a spear when using Snipe, and fires a flaming arrow when using Pinning Shot. Her decoys look like magical illusions rather than technological holograms.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other franchises merging into Diablo skins.
- Roller Derby
- Backstory: Kate "Supernova" Dennings doesn't take any crap from her rivals on the track. Why should the Nexus be any different?
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Epic Skin Features: Altered voice-over, themed animations. Roller Derby Nova skates around instead of running.
- Backstory: Nova couldn't let Tosh face his fate alone, and together they embraced the spectre program. It was her and him against the whole damn universe... just the way she liked it.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Epic Skin Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities. Basic Attack, Pinning Shot, Triple Tap, and Precision Strike have altered, orange animations, while Snipe has a green one.
- Backstory: Once, she once led a normal life... But now, after intense neural reconditioning, she is one of the most effective assassins still alive. Oh, and this skin makes her look like Widowmaker.
- Price: Unknown
- Epic Skin Features:
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other franchises merging into Overwatch skins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Nova first appeared in StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (2010), after her own game (StarCraft: Ghost) was cancelled in 2006.
- Nova is voiced by Grey DeLisle.
- Nova was one of the 18 heroes revealed at BlizzCon 2013.
- She may be a replacement for the character of Leon from previous builds.
- She appeared as a DPS-type hero in previous builds.
- A large statue of Nova can be seen at Blizzard's office in Irvine, California.
- NECA revealed the Heroes of the Storm Nova action figure at Toy Fair NY 2015.
Balance Changelog[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2011-11-08, Heroes Of The Storm Reveal MOBA Monster, accessed on 2013-11-19
- 2011-10-31, Blizzcon 2011: Blizzard DOTA FAQ, Photos, & Video. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2011-11-07
- Zero. 2009-04-04. My Day at Blizzard. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2009-05-18.
- BlizzPlanet: Toy Fair NY 2015 NECA Heroes of the Storm Action Figures Photos
- Mr. Jack on DeviantArt: The many faces of Nova
[edit | edit source]
- Nova - Heroes of the Storm
- Nova - StarCraft II
- Nova Terra - StarCraft Wiki
- Nova Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Nova Quotations
- Nova Quotes on YouTube