|Title||Heretic Witch Doctor|
|Release Date||March 13, 2014|
|Health||1704 (+4% per level)|
|Health Regen||3.55 (+4% per level)|
|Energy||500 Mana (+4% per level)|
|Speed||100% / 130%|
|Attack Damage||92 (+4% per level)|
|Stats per level|
- "Mana(+4%perlevel)" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 500.
- "%/130%" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 100.
- "(+4%perlevel)" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 92.
Nazeebo, the Witch Doctor, is a ranged specialist hero from the Diablo universe. With cabalistic incantations and vestments of feather and bone, the Witch Doctors call upon spirits from the Unformed Land to aid them in battle. Few outlanders have ever encountered a Witch Doctor in the flesh, without losing their own.
Nazeebo is effective against groups of enemies by summoning spiders, zombies, and frogs. He siphons health and mana from dying foes.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to Diablo universe.
All Witch Doctors hail from the Umbaru tribes. Secluded deep in the jungles of Kehjistan, the Umbaru people are unlike any other in the lands of Sanctuary. They have very deeply rooted spiritual beliefs and teach that this life is nothing but a shadow of what really awaits us on the other side.
Real life exists in the Mbwiru Eikura, the Unformed Land, and our spirits go there when we die. Due to this belief the Umbaru have learned to not fear death and ritual sacrifice is a normal part of life in their tribes. One of these practices is the Igani Bawe or Harvest of Souls, which is a ritualistic war between the different tribes. Participating in this mock battle is one of the highest honors for a Witch Doctor and they spend their lives preparing for it. Even though no lives are lost during the 'hunt' anyone captured by an opposing tribe is to be sacrificed after the war has ended. Since this ritual sacrifice is decreed by the spirits of the Unformed Land no one questioned the practice, at least no one until Nazeebo did.
During the last Harvest Nazeebo defied his peoples' laws and stopped an opposing tribe from taking the life of his master because he knew the truth. Nazeebo knew that the elders had lost contact with the spirits and truly knew nothing of the Unformed Land that lies beyond their reach. The elders were using the laws and traditions of the Umbaru to further their own power and were not offering any spiritual guidance to their people.
Nazeebo encountered others and planted the seeds of doubt in the minds of other Witch Doctors to help his people on the proper path to the Unformed Land before he set off on his own personal journey to the lands of the West where a great evil was rising that threaten not only his own tribe but all the people of Sanctuary.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
Summon a Gargantuan to guard an area for 20 seconds. Deals 104 (+4% per level) damage when summoned, attacks for 156 (+4% per level) damage, and can be ordered to stomp nearby enemies.
Channel a Ravenous Spirit that deals 412 (196 + 4% per level) damage per second. Cannot move while channeling. Lasts for 8 seconds.
Active: Activate to place yourself in Stasis and gain Invulnerability for 3 seconds.
Active: Activate to increase your Health and Ability Power by 5% for each nearby enemy, up to a maximum of 25%. Lasts 15 seconds.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Heretic Witch Doctor
- Backstory: The Teganze jungles hold many powerful weapons wielded by both man and demon alike. The Grimskull Visage has been passed down from one Witch Doctor to the next since the Sin War.
- Price: $7.49 / 7.49€
- Backstory: The Countess Kerrigan's demands for entertainment mirror the darkness within her. Her harlequins are masters at manipulating life and death, solely for her amusement.
- Price: $9.99 / 9.99€
- Skin Features: Themed abilities. The zombies summoned by Harlequin Nazeebo's Zombie Wall wear harlequin outfits, as does his Gargantuan and his Ravenous Spirit.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Raven Court skins.
- Backstory: Run, run, run... as fast as you can! No one escapes from the Gingerdread Man.
- Price: $9.99 / 9.99€
- Skin Features: Themed abilities. Corpse Spiders's jar is a candy jar and the spiders are blue, Zombie Wall's zombie are gingerbread mans that laugh and when summoned plays a little Christmas sound, Plague of Toads' toads are made of chocolate, Gargantuan is made of candy and Ravenous Spirit is a blue ice spirit.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of holiday skins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Nazeebo represents the witch doctor class from Diablo III (2012).
- Nazeebo is voiced by Carl Lumbly.
- Before the Alpha, the witch doctor's name was Naziba rather than Nazeebo. In older builds he was simply referred to as "Witch Doctor".
- Nazeebo was one of the 18 heroes revealed at BlizzCon 2013.
- Nazeebo is somewhat unique in that he represents a blending of Blizzard's three main universes - a witch doctor from Diablo, holding the head of a troll witch doctor from Warcraft, with a zergling skull from StarCraft on the back of his hip.
- One of Nazeebo's gag quotes refers the famous Warcraft line "stay away from the voodoo".
- Gingerdread Nazeebo's Plague of Toads might be a reference to Harry Potter where chocolate frogs are a popular confection.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Blizzard DOTA models of Nazeebo and various other heroes.
References[edit | edit source]
- StarCraft. 2011-10-20. Blizzard DOTA Trailer. Youtube. Accessed 2011-10-22.
- Heroes of the Storm, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2013-12-01
- 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
[edit | edit source]
- Nazeebo - Heroes of the Storm
- Nazeebo - Diablo Wiki
- Nazeebo Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Nazeebo Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Nazeebo Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm