|Release Date||May 22, 2014|
|Stats per level|
Murky slimes enemies and spits out Pufferfish. Can revive from his Egg.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
The origins and history of the murloc race are shrouded in mystery. A large part of this is because their lore is passed down via their own oral tradition, which is almost incomprehensible to most other sentient races, but also because murlocs generally have very little tolerance for other races. Murlocs often congregate in heavily populated coastal settlements, and are more than willing to assist each other when threatened. While many have debated on their intelligence, there is reason to believe that their use of weaponry and uncanny fighting abilities may actually imply that they possess a rather sinister racial intellect.
Like the enigmatic origins of the murloc race, Murky's past is also veiled in a variety unanswered questions. Who is he? Where does he come from? He dies again and again, and yet each time, returns to life from his egg. Stranger yet, when he emerges, he looks and sounds precisely the same. Does he possess unspeakable powers? Could he be immortal?
The world may never know.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
Passive: Spawning from his Egg increases Murky's moint speed to 45% for 5 seconds.
Activate to place a fake Egg. If the fake Egg dies, it cast an untalented Slime. Maximum 3 fake Eggs.
Passive: Spawning from his Egg grants Murky Stealth for 5 seconds.
❢ Reward: After Sliming 15 Heroes, increase Slimes bonus damage by 125.
❢ Reward: After Sliming 30 Heroes, increases Slime's slow amount to 30%.
After 0.75 seconds, Murky commands a legion of Murlocs to march in a target direction, each one leaping onto the first enemy Hero or Structure they find. Each Murloc deals 125 (+4% per level) damage and slows its target by 15% for 5 seconds. Murlocs deal 50% damage to Structures.
Murky summons an octopus to stun target enemy Hero for 3 seconds while he hits them for 1 damage a second.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Baby Murloc
- Backstory: Alright, fess up... Who put the murloc in that power armor? Sammy? We talked about this... Guys, this is real cute and all, but how the heck are we supposed to get him out of there?
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Skin Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities. Grunty Murky spawns from a bunker. His Slime looks like oil and contains mechanical parts. His Pufferfish is a Zerg larva. March of the Murlocs summons murlocs in marine armor.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other franchises merging into StarCraft skins.
- Funny Bunny
- Backstory: Noblegarden is an important time of the year for the inhabitants of Bunny Island. Even murlocs celebrate the festivities, hiding their eggs in the most inconvenient spots possible.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Skin Features: Themed abilities. Funny Bunny Murky spawns from an easter egg. He breaks an egg to produce egg white (and yolk) for his Slime ability. His Pufferfish is made of candy. March of the Murlocs summons murlocs with bunny outfits. The shark from Octo-Grab's "... And A Shark Too!" talent is replaced by a candy bunny head on a stick.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of holiday skins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Murlocs first appeared in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (2002). A Murky pet was added to World of Warcraft in 2005, and Murky appears in World of Warcraft: Legion (2016).
- Murky is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.
- Murky was one of the four heroes revealed at PAX East 2014.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Blizzard DOTA models of Murky and various other heroes.
Grunty in the Eternal Conflict.
Murky attacks Diablo.
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Missing Link: Tentative List of More Heroes From Game Files, accessed on 2014-02-24
- Unique Hero Kill Voiceovers, accessed on 2014-03-09
- 2014-03-18, Hero Interaction Strings - Introduction Questions, accessed on 2014-03-18
- 2014-04-11, PAX EAST: DAY 1, accessed on 2014-04-11
[edit | edit source]
- Developer Insights: Clearing The Murky Waters
- Murky Hero Week
- Murky - Heroes of the Storm
- Murky - Wowpedia
- Murky Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Murky Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Murky Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm