|Release Date||March 13, 2014|
|Stats per level|
Muradin Bronzebeard, the Mountain King, is a melee warrior hero from the Warcraft universe. Once a mentor to Prince Arthas, Muradin was unable to prevent him from becoming the Lich King. After recovering from a mild case of amnesia, he is now the leader of the Bronzebeard clan post the "diamond-ization" of his brother the King Magni.
Muradin jumps around the Battlefield and stuns Heroes. Rapidly regenerates Health as he nears death.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
During the Second War, Muradin served as official liaison between Lordaeron and Khaz Modan, and accompanied the Alliance armies shortly before the battles at Blackrock Spire and the Dark Portal. During that time period he grew close to the Royal Family, and befriended the young Prince Arthas. As Arthas grew up, Muradin took it upon himself to teach the lad all he knew about fighting with blades and the two became close companions on many adventures.
Muradin was also one of the founding members of the dwarven Explorers' Guild, which was dedicated to exploration and archaeology across the world. In his travels, Muradin visited Northrend and became fascinated with the desolate continent. He returned to it often, observing its ferocious natives and sketching its ruined architecture. It was during one expedition to Northrend in search of the runeblade Frostmourne that Muradin met Arthas for the final time. In his obsession to destroy the Dreadlord Mal'ganis, Arthas had Muradin lead him to Frostmourne, betraying his own men in the process.
The older and wiser Muradin was distressed by the change he saw in the young prince, but Arthas refused to listen to his counsel. Muradin gave a final desperate warning about the cursed blade, and was thought then to become its first victim when the ice imprisoning it shattered and impaled him. It seems that there are some accounts which claim it was Arthas who caused Muradin's "death" when claiming the sword (which is true from a certain point-of-view if one stops to consider that it was Arthas who caused the explosion and didn't care in the least). But unbeknownst to everyone Muradin had survived his wounds and currently suffers from amnesia.
Muradin was eventually tracked down by a group of Frostborn dwarves, who followed his trail of blood-soaked snow during an extremely harsh blizzard. These Frostborn just happened to be on their way home to Frosthold from a trek across the Dragonblight. Not about to let their new-found cousin freeze to death, they took him along with them, and a short time later they came under attack by a jormungar. After slaying the worm single-handedly and saving the dwarves, they took him in and gave him the name Yorg Stormheart, after a legendary Frostborn warrior. Eventually, Muradin/Yorg became King of the Frostborn and brings his people into the Alliance, which had begun journeying into Northrend to do battle with the Lich King, the renegade blue dragonflight, and the iron dwarves. Despite his people befriending the Alliance and the Explorers' Guild, he expressed concern over involving his people in wars that would result in their deaths.
Muradin, after some help from some alliance heroes, is reunited with his brothers Brann and Magni which jogs his memories to come back to him. After regaining his memories Muradin leaves the Frostborn to hunt down Arthas. During the assault on Icecrown Citadel, Muradin commands the gunship Skybreaker eventually leading to Arthas’ defeat.
Soon after the defeat of Arthas, Muradin is informed his brother King Magni was turned to diamond performing a ritual in Old Ironforge. Muradin, along with Moira and Falstad Wildhammer, now rule Ironforge as the Council of Three Hammers
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Quest: Every time Storm Bolt hits a Hero, increase its damage by 5.
Transform for 20 seconds, gaining 1053 (+4% per level) Health.
Stun target enemy Hero, and wind up a punch dealing 319 (+4% per level) damage and knocking the target back, hitting enemies in the way for 319 (+4% per level) damage and knocking them aside.
Activate to slow the Attack Speed by 50% and Movement Speed by 20% of nearby Heroes and Summons for 2.5 seconds.
Passive:Heroes and Summons that attack your Hero have their Attack Speed slowed by 20% for 2.5 seconds.
Activate to gain 75 Armor for 4 seconds, taking 75% less damage.
Activate to reset the cooldowns of your Basic Abilities.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Mountain King
- Master (tier 10 warrior set)
- Backstory: It was hard for Magni to accept Moira as member of the Council of Three Hammers, but he knew his deceased brother Muradin would have wanted peace in Ironforge.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Skin Features: Themed abilities. Storm Bolt, Thunder Clap, and Dwarf Toss have fiery, lava-themed animations. Magni's avatar form is made of diamond.
- Kandy King
- Backstory: Everyone wants to be King of Kandy Mountain... but once a Gummy Dragon shows up, they flee to Sugar Plum Valley like the rest. Heavy is the head that wears the cupcake crown.
- Price: $7.49 / 6.49€
- Skin Features: Themed abilities. The Kandy King's avatar form is made of chocolate.
- Backstory: Based in the Kel-Morian Combine, Three Hammer Securities employs the boldest and baddest mercenaries in the sector. Give them a call when you need to put someone in a world of hurt.
- Price: $14.99 / 14.99€
- Skin Features: Replaced voice-over, themed abilities, themed animations, themed mount. Storm Bolt and Haymaker fire rockets, Thunder Clap creates an explosion, and Muradin uses a jetpack when he jumps.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other franchises merging into StarCraft skins.
Mounts[edit | edit source]
Maraudin' has access to "Rocket Jump Jets", a unique mount that allows him to fly in the air.
- Backstory: Most Marauders believe Reapers are insane to let someone strap twin rocket thrusters to their backs. I mean, they're right... but that's beside the point.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Muradin first appeared in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (2002).
- Muradin is voiced by Carlos Larkin.
- Muradin was a confirmed hero in Blizzard DOTA, and was then ported to Heroes of the Storm with a new model.
- Magni's avatar was changed from blue to red, then changed back to blue.
- Muradin is the first and only dwarven warrior hero in the game.
- As in Warcraft III, Muradin quotes Darrell Hammond (as Sean Connery) from the Saturday Night Live Celebrity Jeopardy! skits.
- Some of Muradin's gag quotes refer to how he was seemingly killed in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos only to be revealed as having survived in World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King.
- Muradin says "ye never toss a dwarf", in reference to Gimli's famous quote ("nobody tosses a dwarf") from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
- If Muradin kills Tassadar he will say "clearly Tassadar has failed", a line first spoken by Aldaris in StarCraft and repeated by the Mortar Team unit in Warcraft III.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Blizzard DOTA models of Muradin and various other heroes.
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2011-10-31, Blizzcon 2011: Blizzard DOTA FAQ, Photos, & Video. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2011-11-07
[edit | edit source]
- Developer Insights: Knockin’ Out Muradin’s Design
- Muradin Hero Week
- Muradin - Heroes of the Storm
- Muradin Bronzebeard - Wowpedia
- Muradin Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Muradin Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Muradin Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm