| Basic Info
|| The Last Guardian
| Heroes Nexus
| Release Date
|| June 14, 2016
| Base Stats
| Health Regen
| Energy Regen
| Attack Speed
| Attack Range
| Attack Damage
| Stats per level
| Max Health
| Health Regen
| Ranged Damage
| Splash Damage
| Max Energy
| Energy Regen
Medivh, the Last Guardian, is a ranged specialist hero from the Warcraft universe. Under the influence of the demon lord Sargeras, Medivh opened the Dark Portal and unleashed the orcish Horde upon Azeroth. To atone for this sin, he rallied a new generation of heroes to stand against the Burning Legion during the Third War. In the Nexus, Medivh continues to lead his allies to greatness. He observes the battle from up high in Raven Form, then swoops down and uses shields and portals to turn the tide of battle. Now, he takes his place amongst the legends.
Medivh is a strong utility Hero, who can fly over the battlefield as a Raven, setting up his allies with his Portals.
This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Magus or Magna Medivh was the last Guardian of Tirisfal, an ancient line of protectors bestowed with great powers to do battle with the agents of the Burning Legion. He was corrupted even before birth, and possessed by the spirit of the demonlord Sargeras who used Medivh in his plan to conquer Azeroth. Medivh contacted the orcish warlock, Gul'dan, and together they opened the Dark Portal, which allowed the Burning Legion to begin its destruction of Azeroth. He was slain shortly after by a party led by one of his friends, Lothar.
Shortly before the beginning of the Third War, Medivh returned as a mysterious prophet, manipulating events in order to arrange the formation of a last-ditch alliance between the mortal races on Kalimdor, guiding them to victory at the Battle of Mount Hyjal.
The prophet's name means "keeper of secrets" in Thalassian. He possessed Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian, which is currently wielded by his former apprentice, Khadgar.
Increases Portal duration by 50%.
Medivh can manually place both Portal locations. Activate your Trait to cancel an unliked Portal.
Raven Form increases Medivh's Mana Regeneration by 100%.
Allies gain Block the first time they use a Portal reducing damage taken from the next 3 enemy Heroic Basic Attacks by 50%. Lasts 5 seconds.
Bird's Eye View
Permanently increase Raven Form's vision range by 25%. Activate to increase this bonus to 200% for 5 seconds.
Dust of Appearance
Activate to reveal enemy Heroes in the area surrounding Medivh for 10 seconds. Does not cancel Raven Form.
When Arcane Rift damages an enemy Hero, the next Arcane Rift deals 25% more damage.
The Master's Touch
Quest: Hit 30 enemy Heroes with Arcane Rift without dying. Reward: Permanently increases the damage dealt by 75 and cooldown reduction for hitting a Hero by 1 second.
The first time Force of Will absorbs damage, it deals 401 (191 + 4% per level) damage to nearby enemies.
A Raven Familiar joins allies that use a Portal. The Raven will dive at the ally's next Basic Attack target for 250 (119 + 4% per level) damage.
Polymorph an enemy Hero, suppressing their attacks and Silecing them for 2 seconds. On expiration, Poly Bomb spreads to other nearby enemy Heroes.
Ley Line Seal
After 0.5 seconds, unleash a wave of energy that imprisons enemy Heroes in Stasis for 3 seconds.
Reduces Portal cooldown by 50%.
Increases Portal cast range by 50%.
Winds of Celerity
Increases Raven Form's Movement Speed bonus by 50%.
Circle of Protection
An untalented Force of Will is also applied to allies near the target.
Increases Force of Will duration by 33.33%
Upon expiration, Force of Will heals the target for 50% of the damage it absorbed.
Glyph of Poly Bomb
Poly Bomb explodes 1 second sooner and the spread radius is increased by 25%.
Increase the duration of the Stasis effect by 33.33% and gain the ability to redirect the wave once while it's activate.
Guardian of Tirisfal
Minions and Catapults hit by Arcane Rift are instantly killed.
Activate to instantly restore 200 Mana to all nearby allied Heroes and grant them 10% Ability Power for 10 seconds.
Stealth an allied Hero for 20 seconds.
- The Last Guardian
- Backstory: Under the demon lord Sargeras's influence, Medivh opened the Dark Portal and unleashed the Horde upon Azeroth. To atone for this sin, he rallied a new generation of heroes to stand against the Burning Legion. Now, he takes this place amongst legends.
- Price: 10,000 / $9.99 / 8.99€
- Backstory: For ages, Atiesh has been passed down from one Guardian of Tirisfal to the next. With the power of the Nexus, Medivh has attuned himself to the staff like none before him.
- Price: 10,000 (requires Hero Level 10)
- Knight Owl
- Backstory: The Prophets of Kharazania foresaw the Eternal Empire's invasion, but their warning came too late. Medivh, the last Knight Owl, has sworn to prevent the Earth from suffering a similar fate.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Skin Features: Themed Abilities. Raven Form turns him into an owl, his Portals have an altered appearance, Poly Bomb sheep have blue wings, and Ley Line Seal creates a symbol on the ground.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Eternal Empire skins.
- Medivh first appeared in Warcraft: Orcs & Humans (1994).
- Michael Bell voices Medivh in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, Heroes of the Storm, and World of Warcraft: Legion.
- Cameron Arthur "Cam" Clarke voices Medivh in World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade and Hearthstone: One Night in Karazhan.
- In the Warcraft movie, Medivh is portrayed by Ben Foster.
- Medivh's staff, Atiesh, is what allows him to transform into a raven.
- Banter between Medivh and Gul'dan references the former's role in opening the Dark Portal and beginning the First War in Warcraft's main timeline.
- Medivh is the only character whose master skin is featured in their reveal trailer.
- One of Medivh's gag quotes references Deckard Cain, an old yet beloved scholar and lorekeeper from the Diablo series.
Click expand to view the Balance Changelog
|June 29th, 2016 (18.6)|
--Basic Attack damage increased from 65 to 80
--Attacks per second increased from 1.0 to 1.11
-Raven Form (D)
--Movement Speed bonus increased from 15% to 20%
--Winds of Celerity (Talent)
---Movement Speed bonus in Raven Form has been decreased from 100% to 50%
-Arcane Rift (Q)
--Mana cost reduced from 60 to 50
--Cast delay decreased from .15 to .06 seconds
--Base Damage increased from 182 to 200
--Mana refund from hitting a Hero increased from 30 to 50
--Mana Adept (Talent)
--The Master's Touch (Talent)
---Number of Heroes hit required to complete the quest has been reduced from 35 to 30
---Damage bonus upon quest completion decreased from 100 to 75