|Title||First Daughter of Cenarius|
|Release Date||December 15, 2015|
|Stats per level|
Lunara, the First Daughter of Cenarius, is a ranged assassin hero from the Warcraft universe. Most dryads are fierce protectors of the forest, preferring to spend their days keeping watch over the trees. Lunara, however, has ventured out of the woodlands she once called home, turning her ferocity—and her spears—toward any who would seek to exploit nature's bounty.
Lunara is an agile ranged attacker who effortlessly bounds in and out of the fray, doling out the fury of the wilds without prejudice. Those who snap even one twig underfoot will quickly be met by a volley of twisted spears and afflicted by deadly, debilitating toxins that will make them easy prey. Once crippled by her poisons, enemies will be left with nothing from their encounter with Lunara but a flash of hooves, the flicker of leaves, and the haunting memory of her distant laughter.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
The enchanted dryads are the daughters of the night elf demigod, Cenarius. The playful, frolicking creatures vaguely resemble centaurs (their cursed cousins), but have bodies more akin to woodland fawns. They are swift and sure and are at peace with all of the children of the forest. Though they abhor unnecessary violence, the dryads will defend the wildlands of Kalimdor with their lives if need be.
The dryads watch over the shadowed forests of Kalimdor. Fleet-footed, clever, and playful, they protect their home with tender loving care. But where her sisters are the delicate flowers of the deep forest, the dryad Lunara, first daughter of the demigod Cenarius, is the thorn that guards them. Lunara nimbly strikes from afar, withering her enemies with toxins, then bounds away before anyone can lay a hand on her. Take care if you face her in the Nexus, or Lunara will make an endangered species out of you!
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
Activate to increase the Movement Speed bonus of Dryad's Swiftness to 80% for 6 seconds.
Target an Ally to remove all damage over time and disabling effects from them and yourself. For 2 seconds after, the duration of disabling effects is reduced by 50%.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- First Daughter of Cenarius
- Backstory: While her younger sisters frolicked in idyllic forests, Lunara watched as mortals exploited nature's splendor. On Azeroth, her father Cenarius forbade her from retaliating. But this is the Nexus, and it's time for nature to take its revenge.
- Wild Champion
- Backstory: As her power grew, Lunara began to hear the wilds of the Nexus crying out for a champion. They granted her untold power, and she granted them ruthless protection.
- Warden Lunara
- Backstory: When the war was finally over, the Betrayer Malfurion sat in chains. Unable to return to an idyllic life in the wilds, Lunara joined the Watchers in order to keep an eye on their accursed prisoner.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Warcraft alternative shared history skins.
- Winter Veil
- Backstory: Lunara, the festive Dryad, has a very pointy spear. And if you ever see it, you should prob'ly run in fear.
- Skin Features: Themed abilities. Noxious Blossom explodes into a poinsettia, Wisp wears santa hat and the heroics have Christmas light on them.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of holiday skins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lunara represents the dryad unit from Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (2002).
- After being introduced in Heroes of the Storm, Lunara went on to appear in World of Warcraft: Legion (2016).
- Lunara is voiced by Amy Walker.
- Lunara was one of the four heroes revealed at BlizzCon 2015.
- Lunara's father named her after her grandmother.
- The third tint of Lunara's Sentinel skin might reference the Enchantress from the MOBA Dota 2.
- One of Lunara's gag quotes references the dryad saying 'I'm so wasted, I'm so wasted' from Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Lunara's arena team
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Lunara Hero Week
- Lunara - Heroes of the Storm
- Lunara - Wowpedia
- Lunara Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Lunara Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Lunara Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm