|Release Date||October 6, 2015|
|Stats per level|
Lieutenant Rosa Morales, the Combat Medic, is a ranged support hero from the StarCraft universe. Lt. Morales joined the United Earth Directorate (UED) to make a difference and protect her family. Over a very long and storied career, she has distinguished herself as a peerless medic, able to keep her patients alive and in the fight long after anyone else would have gone down. Lt. Morales is a veteran of the Brood War, and even the destruction of the UED Expeditionary Fleet didn’t slow her down. In the Nexus, she does what she does best: heal her teammates, support her allies, and make a difference.
Lieutenant Morales is a dedicated support that heals a single ally near her. She shields allies and knocks back enemies. She can use a Medivac Dropship to reposition herself and her allies across the battlefield.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the StarCraft universe.
The Medics of the United Earth Directorate follow a time-honored tradition of selflessly marching into combat zones to aid their injured brethren. These fearless women, aided only by protective shielding, are highly skilled healers capable of restoring the health and vitality of wounded soldiers. While expendable, the massive losses of Terran marines during the Great War began to become cost prohibitive. The medic's use of chemical modifiers has greatly enhanced the survival rate of UED forces, lengthening the expected battlefield life expectancy to over nine seconds.
During the Guild Wars, the Terran Confederacy experimented with adding medics to front-line infantry units. By the Great War, Confederate medics mostly remained at bases to care for wounded soldiers. Raynor's Raiders medics operated on the front lines, at least on some occasions. The Terran Dominion still maintains a combat medic program, as medivac dropships are expensive to deploy.
Despite their armor and arm-mounted shields, medics are vulnerable on the battlefield. Generally, their only armament is the A-13 flash grenade launcher, which is used to provide illumination and blind enemy targets.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
Places a Scouting Drone at target location, granting vision and revealing a large area around it for 45 seconds. This drone cannot be hidden and is killed by enemies with 2 Basic Attacks. Stores up to 2 charges.
Activate to calldown a Mule that repairs Structures, one at a time, near target point for 40 seconds, healing for 100 Health every 1 second. Grants 1 ammo every 3 seconds.
Activate to make target ally Unstoppable for 1 second. Cannot be cast on yourself.
Activate to give all nearby allied Heroes a Shield for 20% of their max Health for 3 seconds.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Combat Medic
- Backstory: The Royal Apothecary Society's experiments have resulted in many alchemical discoveries, which Apothecary Morales administers to soldiers in the field. Some side effects may occur.
- Price: $7.49 / 7.49€
- Skin Features: Altered voice-over.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other franchises merging into Warcraft skins.
- Love Doctor
- Backstory: Whether your heart is broken, bleeding, or located somewhere outside of your body, the Love Doctor will patch you right up.
- Price: $9.99 / 9.99€
- Skin Features: Themed abilities. Her Basic Attack and Healing Beam create pink hearts, her Safeguard shields have pink hearts on them, and she has pink Displacement Grenades that make heart-shaped explosions. Her Stim Drone makes its target pink, while her Medievac Dropship is pink and has a modified cockpit.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of holiday skins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lt. Morales was announced at Gamescom 2015.
- Medics are Terran units introduced in StarCraft: Brood War (1998). They appear as campaign-only units in StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (2010).
- The second tint of Lt. Morales' default skin depicts her as a soldier of Stormwind, from the Warcraft franchise.
- The third tint of Lt. Morales' default skin depicts her as a servant of the High Heavens, from the Diablo franchise.
- The second tint of Lt. Morales' Master skin references Samus Aran from the Metroid series.
- The third tint of Lt. Morales' Master skin references Arcee from the Transformers franchise.
- The second tint of Lt. Morales' Love Doctor skin might reference Mega Man X from the Mega Man series.
- The Lt. Morales's Love Doctor skin Medivac Dropship cockpit has a picture of Raynor.
- One of Lt. Morales's gag quotes references Bugs Bunny from the Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies series of short cartoons.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Lieutenant Morales Hero Week
- Lieutenant Morales - Heroes of the Storm
- Lieutenant Morales - StarCraft Wiki
- Lt. Morales Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Lieutenant Morales Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Lieutenant Morales Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm