|Title||The Sun King|
|Release Date||May 12, 2015|
|Stats per level|
Kael'thas Sunstrider, the Sun King, is a ranged assassin hero from the Warcraft universe. Like all Blood Elves, Prince Kael'thas was transformed by the fall of Quel'thalas. Desperate to save his people from being consumed by their magical addiction, he joined forces with the Burning Legion and now lords over Tempest Keep.
Kael'thas is a fire mage capable of empowering his abilities in unique ways and dealing area-of-effect damage.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Kael'thas Sunstrider was a senior member of the Kirin Tor, the Prince of Quel'Thalas, and the last of the Sunstrider dynasty. After the Fall of Quel'Thalas, Kael'thas led what remained of his people in the service of the Alliance. Striving to placate his people's addiction to magic, he later allied with Illidan Stormrage, but betrayed him to the Burning Legion when its master, the demon lord Kil'jaeden, enticed Kael'thas with the promise of salvation for the blood elves. He was branded a traitor after his allegiance to the Legion was revealed, and lost the support of many of his people. After his defeat at Tempest Keep, Kael'thas returned to Azeroth a shadow of his former self. Kael'thas plotted to summon Kil'jaeden through the Sunwell, but his plans were foiled by the Shattered Sun Offensive. He was slain by their forces in Magisters' Terrace.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: After gaining 100 bonus damage, increase Flamestrike damage by an additional 100 and no longer lose the bonus if you die.
❢ Reward: After gathering 20 Regeneration Globes, you can also activate Arcane Barrier to gain a Shield equal to 100% of your maximum Mana for 4 seconds. 45 second cooldown.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- The Sun King
- Backstory: On some worlds, technology and magic are not so different. Those who master both, like Lord Kael'thas, can create both wonders and terrors beyond your imagination.
- Price: $7.49 / 6.49€
- Backstory: Sunstrider Industries CEO Mikael Thoss uses his company's vast wealth and cutting edge technology to protect the innocent as Cyberhawk, the avian avenger!
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Skin Features: Themed abilities.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kael'thas first appeared in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (2003).
- Kael'thas is voiced by Quinton Flynn.
- Scrapped abilities like Burning Impact and Combustion were datamined from older versions of the game client.
- Kael'thas uses a number of Thalassian phrases, such as anar'alah belore (by the light of the sun), felo'melorn (flamestrike), and selama ashal'anore (justice for our people).
- The phoenix god Al'ar is Kael'thas's most prized possession. It appears as both a boss and mount in World of Warcraft.
- Kael'thas sometimes says "merely a setback" when he revives at the Hall of Storms. This is a reference to a popular quote said by him in World of Warcraft: "Don't look so smug! I know what you're thinking, but Tempest Keep was merely a setback." The phrase has become a common utterance by players discussing potential future dungeons and raids, often with the joking implication that Kael'thas will somehow return.
- One of Kael'thas' gag quotes references the effects of drugs.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Kael'thas Hero Week
- Kael'thas - Heroes of the Storm
- Kael'thas Sunstrider - Wowpedia
- Kael'thas Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Kael'thas Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes