|Release Date||March 13, 2014|
|Stats per level|
Illidan Stormrage, the Betrayer, is a melee assassin hero from the Warcraft universe. The first Demon Hunter betrayed his people by creating a new Well of Eternity after the demonic invasion of Azeroth. Now Illidan lords over the realm of Outland slaughtering unsuitably prepared Heroes who venture into his domain.
Illidan darts around the Battlefield, evading attacks and relentlessly pursuing enemies.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Illidan Stormrage is known as the Betrayer, as throughout the millennia of his life he has deceived friends and family alike for power.
The night elf Illidan Stormrage was born before the War of the Ancients, a conflict that erupted over 10,000 years prior to the Third War, when the chaotic Burning Legion invaded Azeroth. Driven by his thirst for power (and his desire to impress Tyrande Whisperwind), Illidan made a pact with the Legion to secure the entrance of its leader, Sargeras, into Azeroth through the might of an artifact called the Demon Soul. The efforts of Malfurion Stormrage, Illidan's twin brother, disrupted the Legion's plot; the demons were defeated, and Illidan was imprisoned.
During the Third War, Tyrande released Illidan from millennia of imprisonment, hoping that the Betrayer would redeem himself by battling a returned Burning Legion. Though Illidan fought to defend his people, he soon slipped into darkness: after absorbing the energies of the demonic Skull of Gul'dan, Illidan became a demon, an act for which he was banished by Malfurion. Fleeing the wrath of the night elves, the twice-condemned Illidan allied himself once again with the only entity that would accept him - the Legion. Illidan's demonic masters sent him to destroy the Lich King, who had broken free of their influence, but Illidan failed to do so. To protect himself from the Legion's vengeance, Illidan hid on Outland, a destroyed world that he would eventually seek to rule.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: Once you reach 20 Attack Damage, receive an additional 20 Attack damage.
❢ Reward: After hitting 30 Heroes with Sweeping Strike, gain a second charge.
Transform into Demon Form at the target location, dealing 101 (48 + 4% per level) damage in the area. Temporarily increase your maximum Health by 439 (208 + 4% per level) for each Hero hit. Lasts for 18 seconds.
Charge to target unit, dealing 550 (262 + 4% per level) damage on impact and stunning for 1 second.
Activate to teleport to a nearby location.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- The Betrayer
- Backstory: For most of the year, Illidan loathes druidic customs. But during the Lunar Festival, even he sets aside old grudges and joins his brother in honoring the departed elders of the Stormrage family.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Skin Features: Themed abilities. Dive and Sweeping Strike drop coins, Metamorphosis sets off fireworks and gives him a golden demon form, and The Hunt marks its target with a golden dragon. His mask changes as he takes damage.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of holiday skins.
- Backstory: Stormrage was born with amber eyes; a sign of great destiny... But as he learned from Cenarius, his brother grew distant. Still, none expected Malfurion's betrayal.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Skin Features: Themed abilities. Dive, Sweeping Strike, Metamorphosis, and The Hunt have nature-themed animations.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Warcraft alternative shared history skins.
- Backstory: As the terrazine haze cleared from his mind, Illidan saw what he had become. His body had mutated, grown irreversibly addicted... But the power was worth any price.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Skin Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities. Dive, Sweeping Strike, Metamorphosis, and The Hunt have StarCraft-themed animations.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other franchises merging into StarCraft skins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Illidan first appeared in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (2002).
- Illidan is voiced by Matthew Yang King in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, and Liam O'Brien in World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, World of Warcraft: Legion and Heroes of the Storm.
- Illidan was one of the 18 heroes revealed at BlizzCon 2013.
- Upon killing Tyrande Whisperwind, Illidan will exclaim, "No! Tyrande, what have I done!?"
- An Illidan vinyl statue shipped in December, 2013.
- NECA revealed the Heroes of the Storm Illidan action figure at Toy Fair NY 2015.
- The second tint of Illidan's Spectre skin may be a reference to EVA Unit 01 from the anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion.
- One of Illidan's quotes references the running joke about Darkness.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Blizzard DOTA models of Illidan and various other heroes.
Illidan rides a mount into combat.
A team of Illidans in the arena.
Illidan vs. Tyrael.
The Illidan action figure.
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
- Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes -- January 26, 2016
- BlizzPlanet: Toy Fair NY 2015 NECA Heroes of the Storm Action Figures Photos
[edit | edit source]
- Illidan - Heroes of the Storm
- Illidan Stormrage - World of Warcraft
- Illidan Stormrage - Wowpedia
- Illidan Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Illidan Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes