|Release Date||March 13, 2014|
|Stats per level|
Elite Tauren Chieftain (E.T.C.), the Rock God, is a melee warrior hero from the Warcraft universe. The Power of the Horde incarnated by brutal rhythms and blistering guitar riffs into the form of the most elite tauren chieftain to ever headbang across the surface of Azeroth. Don't bother putting on socks. He's just going to rock them off anyways.
E.T.C. is a heavy front-line Hero that knocks around and stuns his foes while buffing his allies. Able to leap anywhere on the Battlefield.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: After gathering 20 Regeneration Globes, Guitar Solo also heals nearby allied Heroes for 50 (+4% per level) Health every second while it is active.
After 0.75 seconds, channel to stun nearby enemies for 4 seconds.
Leap to target location, landing after 2.75 seconds, dealing 330 (+4% per level) damage to enemies in the area, and slowing them by 50% for 3 seconds.
Activate to slow the Attack Speed by 50% and Movement Speed by 20% of nearby Heroes and Summons for 2.5 seconds.
Passive:Heroes and Summons that attack your Hero have their Attack Speed slowed by 20% for 2.5 seconds.
Activate to give all nearby allied Heroes a Shield for 20% of their max Health for 3 seconds.
Activate to teleport to a nearby location.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Rock God
- Glam Metal
- Backstory: The Elite Tauren Chieftan has been rocking the world for a long time, man. He's seen fashions come and fashions go, but neon pants and feathered hair? Those are forever.
- Price: $7.49 / 6.49€
- Pure Country
- Backstory: After E.T.C's pickup truck broke down and his dog died there was really only one thing left for him to do-- go country! Time to bring a whole new meaning to cowboy.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Epic Skin Features: Themed abilities. Pure Country E.T.C.'s abilities have different sound effects.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tauren made their debut in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (2002).
- E.T.C. represents the Blizzard band Elite Tauren Chieftain. In previous versions of Heroes of the Storm, L80ETC was present—a similar representation, but a tauren marine instead.
- E.T.C. is voiced by Jess Harnell.
- E.T.C. was one of the 18 heroes revealed at BlizzCon 2013.
- Guitar Solo's icon depicts a mashup of Prince's Love Symbol and the Horde's logo.
- E.T.C. quotes reference various heavy metal songs or bands. For example, his respawn quote, "They can't stop me, let em' try!" is a reference to the Manowar song Die for Metal.
- The guitars E.T.C. carries on his back are a reference to deceased guitar legends Dimebag Darrell, guitarist of Pantera and Randy Rhoads, guitarist of Ozzy Osbourne.
- His pink goatee is also a reference to Dimebag Darrell.
- When you click on him in the selection screen he says "I bring the Megadeth". This is a reference to the Thrash Metal band, Megadeth.
- His master skin is likely a reference to one of two things - the Glam Rock band KISS, where the members wore black and white make-up, or the black metal music genre, where artists commonly wear white make up known as corpse paint.
- The master skin may also be a reference to the Grimtotem Tribe of Tauren in World of Warcraft, who wear white skull face paint.
- In the Glam Metal skin, E.T.C. carries a guitar styled after one used by artist Prince.
- One of E.T.C. talents is called "Rolling Like a Stone." This might be a reference to the popular English rock band, The Rolling Stones.
- Another one of his talents is called "Pinball Wizard." This might be a reference to a song with the same title sang by the popular English rock band, The Who.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Blizzard DOTA models of E.T.C. and various other heroes.
References[edit | edit source]
- 2013-11-09, BlizzCon 2013 – Heroes of the Storm – Concept Art and Screenshots. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2013-11-23
- StarCraft Legacy staff. 2010-10-22. BlizzCon 2010 StarCraft II Custom Maps and Editor Panel. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2010-10-23.
[edit | edit source]
- E.T.C. - Heroes of the Storm
- Elite Tauren Chieftain - Wowpedia
- E.T.C. Build Guide on Icy Veins
- E.T.C. Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- E.T.C. Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm