|Title||Primal Pack Leader|
|Release Date||March 29, 2016|
|Stats per level|
Dehaka, the Primal Pack Leader, is a melee warrior hero from the StarCraft universe. On Zerus, the zerg pack leader Dehaka was a constantly evolving apex predator. His drive to slay the strongest prey and consume their Essence has now led him to the Nexus, where Dehaka stalks his opponents across the battlefield. Able to regenerate through massive damage and swiftly move into and out of combat, Dehaka uses the primal zerg’s mutability to deadly effect.
Dehaka is a devious melee warrior that can attack from any shrub and grows more durable by collecting the Essence of his enemies.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the StarCraft universe.
After Kerrigan came to Zerus and became the Primal Queen of Blades, Dehaka realized she was the most powerful of the zerg. He allied his pack with her Swarm, believing she would lead them to new essence.
When Kerrigan took the Swarm to Korhal, Emperor Mengsk deployed a Psi Destroyer that could harm the Zerg by attacking their hive mind. Since Dehaka and his pack lacked the psionic connection the Swarm zerg shared, they were able to approach and sabotage it, allowing Kerrigan's zerg to advance. Soon afterward, Dehaka and his pack participated in the assault on Augustgrad.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: After collecting 10 Regeneration Globes, the amount of Essence you gain from Regeneration Globes is increased to 15.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Primal Pack Leader
- Backstory: Zerus-class mech D3-H4K4 was developed to gather Kaijo DNA mid-combat. Troublingly, the onboard AI has begun rejecting orders, extracting "essence" from its own targets.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Skin Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities. Drag uses an electrified tongue, Dark Swarm creates spinning blades, Isolation launches a machine onto the target, and different parts of him glow when using Adaptation.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Kaijo world skins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Dehaka first appeared in StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm (2013).
- The reveal of Dehaka as a new Hero was teased on several occasions. First, in Arena image (which also teased Xul and Li-Ming), a monstrous arm laid in the dirt far in the background — an arm which matches the one Dehaka lost, but the player can find during the events of Heart of the Swarm. Later on Twitter some screenshots were posted. The first picture on twitter showed some dead minions and footprints leading to a bush. The next picture on Twitter showed some creature underground. The last one showed some News Report of mssing pigs and farmers spotting a strange creature.
- Dehaka is voiced by Steve Blum.
- Dehaka's dance is a reference to the song Hotline Bling.
- Dehaka is missing two of his four arms, but they regrow when he picks his heroic ability.
- Dehaka's appearance has changed since Heart of the Swarm; his dialogue attributes the change to the essence he collected while following the Queen of Blades.
- One of Dehaka's gag quotes refers to the famous line "life finds a way" from the legendary film Jurassic Park.
- Another gag quote refers to the famous Pokémon series and Dehaka's desire to "collect 'em all" when it comes to types of essence.
Balance changelog[edit | edit source]
[No changes have currently been made to Dehaka]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Dehaka fighting Falstad.
Dehaka fighting Raynor.
Dehaka fighting Tyrande.
Dehaka taking a shrine.
Dehaka taking a temple.
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Technobubble: Dehaka abilities, tips and model art for Heroes of the Storm
- Destructoid: Zerg terror Dehaka confirmed for Heroes of the Storm
- Dehaka Hero Page
- In Development – Dehaka, Shogun Artanis, and more!
- Heroes of the Storm: Something strange is afoot in the Nexus...
- Heroes of the Storm: This mystery just got a hole lot deeper!
- Heroes of the Storm: Nothing to see here. Move along.
- Twitter: John Hodgson
- BlizzPlanet: Dehaka Voice Over Quotes
[edit | edit source]
- Dehaka Hero Week
- Dehaka - Heroes of the Storm
- Dehaka - StarCraft Wiki
- Dehaka Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Dehaka Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Dehaka Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm