|Release Date||May 16, 2017|
|Health|| 2142 (+4% per level) (Mech) |
1153 (+4% per level) (Pilot)
|Health Regen|| 5.04 (+4% per level) (Mech) |
2.67 (+4% per level) (Pilot)
|Speed|| 85% (Mech) |
130% (Pilot - Mounted)
|Attack Speed||4.00 per second|
|Attack Range|| 3.8 (Mech) |
|Attack Damage|| 23 (+4% per level) (Mech) |
57 (+4% per level) (Pilot)
|Stats per level|
- "2142 (+4% per level) (Mech) <br> 1153 (+4% per level) (Pilot)" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
- "5.04 (+4% per level) (Mech) <br> 2.67 (+4% per level) (Pilot)" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
- "%(Mech)<br>100%(Pilot)<br>130%(Pilot-Mounted)" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 85.
- "persecond" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 4.
- "(Mech)<br>5.5(Pilot)" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 3.8.
- "(+4%perlevel)(Mech)<br>57(+4%perlevel)(Pilot)" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 23.
D.Va, MEKA Pilot, is a ranged warrior hero from Overwatch universe. A former pro gamer turned ace mech pilot, D.Va jet-boosts through the Nexus, relying on her powerful cannons and defensive barrier to end skirmishes with a professional's flair.
Hana Song, also known as "D.Va," is both a world champion professional gamer and a burgeoning global icon. As a member of South Korea's elite MEKA unit, she fights to protect her homeland from the colossal omnic threat lurking within the East China Sea.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Overwatch universe.
D.Va is a former professional gamer who now uses her skills to pilot a state-of-the-art mech in defense of her homeland.
Twenty years ago, South Korea was attacked by a colossal omnic monstrosity that rose from the depths of the East China Sea. The massive, lumbering construct caused catastrophic damage to coastal cities before it was driven back beneath the waves. In response, the South Korean government developed a mechanized armored drone unit, called MEKA, to protect urban environments in future engagements with the omnic threat.
The government's fears proved to be well founded, as a disturbing pattern of attacks emerged. Every few years, the monstrosity would rise from the sea to assault South Korea and its neighbors. The omnic learned from these encounters, often reconfiguring itself in a different form and appearing with new weapons and capabilities. Each incident ended in a stalemate, with the monstrosity defeated but not destroyed.
As the omnic continued to adapt, it eventually disrupted MEKA's drone-control networks, forcing the military to place pilots in the mechs. Scrambling to find suitable candidates, the government turned to the country's professional gamers, who possessed the necessary reflexes and instincts to operate the mechs' advanced weapons systems. Top stars were drafted, including reigning world champion Hana Song, also known as "D.Va." Famous for her elite skills, D.Va was a fierce competitor who played to win at all costs, and she had a well-earned reputation for showing no mercy to her opponents.
Seeing her new mission as a game, D.Va fearlessly charges into battle alongside the rest of her MEKA unit, ready to spring to her nation's defense at a moment's notice. Recently, she has begun to stream combat operations to her adoring fans, and her growing following has turned her into a global icon.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: Damaging enemy Heroes with Boosters lowers the cooldown by 1 second per Hero hit.
D.Va's Mech becomes Unstoppable, and you deal X damage per second and slow nearby enemies by 60% for 4 seconds.
Deal x damage in a line to all enemies. Lower the cooldown of Call Mech by 5 seconds for each enemy hero hit.
Requires Pilot Mode.
D.Va gains the Concussive Pulse ability, allowing her to deal x damage to enemies in a cone and knock them back.
Requires Pilot Mode.
Call Mech is instant and can target a location. Upon landing, the Mech deals x damage to enemies in the impact area.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- D.Va made her debut in Overwatch (May 2016).
- D.Va hails from South Korea and is 19 years old, making her the youngest warrior hero in the game.
- She is the same age as Li-Ming.
- D.Va is the third Ranged Warrior, after Rexxar, and Zarya.
- D.Va is the second Overwatch ranged warrior hero, the first being Zarya.
- D.Va is voiced by Charlet Chung.
- D.Va was released on the PTR on May 8, 2017.
- D.Va is a purchasable Announcer, along with Genji.
- The Fiery tint of D.Va's base skin ("Fiery D.Va") is reminiscent of Evangelion Unit-02 and its pilot, Asuka, from the Neon Genesis Evangelion Series. The Major tint is based off of the Major and a tachikoma from Ghost in the Shell.
- D.Va's MEKAfall talent is a reference to the Titanfall franchise.
- D.Va's dance animation is very similar to a part of the choreography of the song 'Cheer Up' by South Korean girl group Twice. Her taunt animation also seems to be based off the choreography of 'TT', also by Twice.
- D.Va's Home Screen music uses a part of a soundtrack that was used in Overwatch's Year of The Rooster event trailer, showcasing her new "Palanquin" skin and her new "Bow" emote.
- The Home Screen music also features some Defense Matrix "Deflect" sound effects, and it's like a K-pop song.
- Bunny Hop's internal name is "K-pop Ultimate.
- Lead Hero Designer Kent-Erik Hagman revealed on an interview, that the mech portion of D.Va uses similar tech to Lt. Morales's Medivac. It was an easy, readily available method of attaching one hero to another. In hindsight, the developers wish they'd used the same method to link Cho and Gall together: make Cho a Medivac. D.Va's Big Shot heroic was also different during playtesting: she had a Stun Gun in Pilot Mode, allowing you to trap an enemy in your Self Destruct. In the end, it wasn't very fun.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
D.Va on Hanamura
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- D.Va Hero Week
- D.Va - Heroes of the Storm
- D.Va - Overwatch
- D.Va Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes