|Release Date||September 10, 2014|
|Stats per level|
Chen is a frontline fighter whose abilities combo together for extra damage and more powerful effects.
History[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Chen Stormstout is a wanderer, adventurer and keg-emptier -- and this world-class brewmaster has left an indelible mark on Azeroth's history.
Chen Stormstout was born and raised on the Wandering Isle, a massive landmass on the back of the giant turtle Shen-zin Su. There, he developed his superior fighting skills and the desire to explore and discover new lands (and new ingredients for his legendary brews) like the traveling pandaren who left Pandaria thousands of years past. Chen's wanderlust led him into adventure after adventure, from the creation of the wildly popular Brewfest event to the very founding of Durotar, where he fought along with the re-formed Horde to establish it in its new home.
Years later, along with his niece, Li Li, Chen embarked on a quest that led him to the mystical Pearl of Pandaria, and with the help of the artifact, he visited his ancestors' home, Pandaria, for the first time. Not long after, the Horde and the Alliance discovered the continent and rekindled their conflict, placing Chen (once again!) squarely in the middle of history.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: After gathering 30 Regeneration Globes, 50% of the Shield from Fortifying Brew persists indefinitely after drinking.
Activate to evade enemy Basic Attacks for 2 seconds. Chen's Basic Attacks reduce this cooldown by 3 seconds.
❢ Reward: After hitting 20 Heroes, increase its range by 125% and gain an additional charge.
Roll around inside an Unstoppable barrel, dealing 59 (+4% per level) damage to enemies in the way and knocking them back. Lasts for 5 seconds.
Split into three elemental spirits for 12.15 seconds, each with 75% of Chen's maximum Health and a unique ability. If all three spirits are killed, Chen will die as well. Storm can grant the spirits Movement Speed. Earth can leap to an area and slow enemies. Fire can grant the spirits Attack Speed.
The next Stun or Silence used against Chen has its duration reduced by 75% and resets the cooldown of Fortifying Brew. Can only trigger once every 10 seconds.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Legendary Brewmaster
- Backstory: The limitless realms of the Nexus are the perfect place for a world-wanderer like Chen Stormstout. Who knows what secret ingredients and lost tales are waiting to be discovered!
- Price: 10,000 (requires Hero Level 10)
- Backstory: The Warmasters serve as the unbreakable front line of Lei Shen's Grand Army. Once the Kaldorei are broken before him, the Well of Eternity will belong to the Thunder King forever.
- Price: $7.49 / 6.49€
- Skin Features: Themed abilities. Warmaster Chen's Wandering Keg looks like the keg he carries.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of alternative history skins.
- Backstory: The loremasters say that coins are a symbol of fortune and luck. During the Lunar Festival, elders hand out Coins of Ancestry to those who seek them out and pay their respects.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Skin Features: Themed abilities. Lunar Chen's Breath of Fire has a stylized animation, and his Wandering Keg looks like the keg he carries.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of holiday skins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Chen first appeared in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (2003).
- Chen is voiced by Keone Young.
- Chen was one of the three heroes revealed at Gamescom 2014.
- Chen is one of two pandaren heroes, the other being Li Li Stormstout, his niece.
- One of Chen's gag quotes references The Most Interesting Man In the World advertising campaign that originated in 2006.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Blizzard DOTA models of Chen and various other heroes.
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2013-11-09, BlizzCon 2013 – Heroes of the Storm – Concept Art and Screenshots. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2013-11-14
- 2014-03-18, Hero Interaction Strings - Introduction Questions, accessed on 2014-03-18
- 2014-08-13, New Heroes Revealed at Gamescom 2014, accessed on 2014-08-13
[edit | edit source]
- Developer Insights: Chen and his Brew
- Chen Hero Week
- Chen - Heroes of the Storm
- Chen Stormstout - Wowpedia
- Chen Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Chen Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Chen Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm