| Basic Info
|| Faerie Dragon
| Release Date
|| April 15, 2014
| Base Stats
| Health Regen
| Energy Regen
| Attack Speed
| Attack Range
| Attack Damage
| Stats per level
| Max Health
| Health Regen
| Ranged Damage
| Splash Damage
| Max Energy
| Energy Regen
Brightwing, the Faerie Dragon, is a ranged support hero from the Warcraft universe. The Faerie Dragons of Ashenvale are known for their playful demeanor, seemingly disappearing at a whim. The mischevious Brightwing is no exception, often materializing out of nowhere to save her allies or just to mock her foes by some sort of faerie trickery.
Brightwing is a strategic support that can quickly teleport to allies, and Polymorphs enemies.
Reduces the cooldown of Arcane Flare by 1 second for each enemy Hero hit by the outer radius, and 3 seconds for each hit by the inner radius.
Increases Soothing Mist's range by 20%.
Each allied Hero healed by Soothing Mist reduces the cooldown of Phase Shift by 2 seconds.
Enemy Minions or captured Mercenaries killed near your Hero grant you stacks of Bribe. Use 20 stacks to bribe target Mercenary, instantly defeating them. Does not work on Bosses. Maximum stacks available: 50.Current number of Bribe stacks: 1
Increases the range of Arcane Flare by 50%.
When Polymorph ends, deal 250 (119 + 4% per level) damage to the target and all nearby enemies.
When Soothing Mist heals an ally with Pixie Dust on them, they heal for an additional 228 (119 + 4% per level) over 4 seconds.
Phase Shifting to an ally reveals a large area around them and all enemies in it for 6 seconds.
Reduces the cooldown of Soothing Mist by 0.5 second every time you cast a Basic Ability.
After finishing the teleport, the target of your Phase Shift gains a 877 (416 + 4% per level) point Shield for 20 seconds.
Activate to make target ally Unstoppable for 1 second. Cannot be cast on yourself.
Teleport to a nearby ally, healing them for 447 (213 + 4% per level). Can store 2 charges.
reate an expanding nova of wind, dealing 699 (332 + 4% per level) damage and pushing enemies away. Also passively increases the healing of Soothing Mist by 8%.
Targets are slowed by 40% Movement Speed for 2 seconds.
Pixie Dust gives 50% bonus Move Speed, decaying to 20% over 1.5 seconds.
Pixie Dust reduces Ability damage taken by 40%.
Activate to place yourself in Stasis and gain Invulnerability for 3 seconds.
Increases the duration of Polymorph by 0.75 second.
Polymorph makes enemies Vulnerable, increasing the damage they take by 25%.
Pixie Dust bounces to another nearby ally upon impact.
While above 80% life, your Basic Ability cooldowns regenerate 50% faster.
Blink Heal can be cast a second time on a different target within 2 seconds without consuming a charge.
Emerald Wind releases two additional novas that deal 25% damage.
Healing another Hero with Soothing Mist increases their healing received from Soothing Mist by 25% for 6 seconds. Stacks 3 times.
Activate to give all nearby allied Heroes a Shield for 20% of their max Health for 3 seconds.
- Faerie Dragon
- Backstory: Like many Faerie Dragons, Brightwing is happiest darting around the forests of Ashenvale, healing friends, and then grabbing a light snack. By the way, did you know a human head only weighs ten pounds? Talk about light!
- Price: 7,000 / $8.49 / 8.49€
- Backstory: The fey magic from which Brightwing draws her power is wild and chaotic. Her very form reflects its unstable nature, ever shifting, like an image from a dream.
- Price: 10,000 (requires Hero Level 10)
- Backstory: Just like the flawless butterfly from which she takes her name, Monarch Brightwing has many ways to sting. Kneel peasant! For you face the Monarch! And her wrath is cruel...
- Price: $7.49 / 6.49€
- Flying Monkey
- Backstory: The magical flying creatures of Sky Temple often cause trouble for the locals. It can be hard to run a successful bazaar when your merchandise disappears into thin air.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Skin Features: Replaced voice-over, themed abilities. Flying Monkey Brightwing makes monkey noises instead of speaking. She throws bananas when using Arcane Flare, and her Polymorph ability turns enemies into toy monkeys.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Luxoria skins.
- Brightwing represents the faerie dragon unit from Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (2003).
- The Developers knew from the beginning that they wanted Brightwing to be about mitigating damage rather than traditional healing. When they examined the Warcraft 3 Faerie Dragon, they decided to focus on the fantasy of whimsical powers and pixie dust. The abilities ”Polymorph” and “Pixie Dust” quickly became two staples to build the rest of her kit around. To really push the envelope, they debated and experimented with some complicated mechanics like mana burn and giving her the ability to fly to allies, but eventually had to tone it back because the extra mechanics got really complicated. They knew they had something special when we designed the Phase Shift ability as a replacement for a traditional mount power. The goal was to create an omnipresent hero similar to Abathur, but unlike Abathur, Brightwing has a stronger tactical presence. The Developers wanted Phase Shift to require an ally to play off of and support her trait's design. The trait is purposely designed to be simple, which allows Brightwing players to scan the battlefield constantly. They also wanted to give Phase Shift global range so that there were more opportunities to cast it and to play up soft split pushing strategies.
- After being introduced in Heroes of the Storm, Brightwing went on to appear in World of Warcraft: Legion (2016).
- Brightwing was one of the four heroes revealed at PAX East 2014.
- The Monarch blurb is a reference to the Venture Bros., whose arch nemesis the Monarch insists the butterfly of the same name has a deadly sting.
- Brightwing has an older brother who affirms that she was, in fact, adopted.
- Brightwing has a twin brother named Darkwing who she believes is not very nice.
- One of Brightwing's gag quotes refers to the constant flapping of her wings.
- There is a Brightwing's model update that was shelved after the backlash due to murky's model update. Both Murky and Brightwing were built in ways that made them difficult to alter, and the art team wanted to address the issue by fixing these problems internally before release. Their schedule didn't permit them to complete the updates before going live. The visual differences are primarily intended to bridge the gap between the current in-game Brightwing and Samwise's concept and improve Brightwing's presence from game-view.
Brightwing in the Eternal Conflict.
Concept art for Luxorian Monkey Brightwing.
Brightwings unused model update