|Title||Hierarch of the Daelaam|
|Release Date|| October 20, 2015 (Pre-Release)|
October 27, 2015 (Full Release)
|Stats per level|
Artanis, the Hierarch of the Daelaam, is a melee warrior hero from the StarCraft universe. Despite his relative youth, Artanis was named Hierarch of the Daelaam after the fall of Aiur. Driven by the promise of a brighter future, he hopes to reclaim the protoss' fallen home world and rebuild their once glorious civilization.
Artanis is a duelist warrior who gains a shield automatically at low health. He repositions enemies and strikes with his blades.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the StarCraft universe.
When the First Contact War ended, Aiur had been conquered by the zerg Swarm. The protoss stood on the brink of oblivion, at risk of seeing their civilization disappear entirely. It was Artanis, a young executor, who prevented a bloody civil war and guided both the Khalai and Nerazim factions through the chaos of the Brood War. Now, with the Golden Armada at his command, he intends to take back Aiur and prepare his people for the final battle against an ancient and indomitable enemy.
Hierarch Artanis is an indomitable warrior who seeks to unify his beleaguered people. As a renowned Templar with centuries of experience, Artanis combines martial prowess and tactical acumen—striking swiftly with his psi-blades, taking the brunt of enemy assaults with his shields, or calling upon his flagship, the Spear of Adun, to turn his foes into dust. He'll let nothing stand in his way to restore the glory of the protoss.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Hierarch of the Daelaam
- Backstory: Despite his relative youth, Artanis was named Hierarch of the Daelaam after the fall of Aiur. Driven by the promise of a brighter future, he hopes to reclaim the protoss' fallen home world and rebuild their once glorious civilization.
- Price: 10,000 / $9.99 / 9.99€, or free with the purchase of StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void.
- Backstory: Shortly after reactivation, Artanis purged Aiur of the protoss in an act of open rebellion. Now the Hierarch of the Purifiers leads his people on a quest to cleanse the sector of all organic life.
- Price: $7.49 / 7.49€
- Skin Features: Altered voice-over.
- Backstory: The Daelaam Shogunate is not blind to its people's suffering. Artanis, the newly appointed Shogun, has sworn to bring the Lenassa to justice before another clan falls to their dark blades.
- Price: $9.99 / 8.99€
- Skin Features: Themed abilities. Shield Overload appears as a lantern. Blade Dash leaves fire in his wake. Twin Blades gives him burning swords. Phase Prism throws a flaming mask. Purifier Beam drops flaming spears on the target. Suppression Pulse drops a bomb that creates fiery sparks.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of alternative history skins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Artanis was the "Executor" player character in StarCraft (March 1998), though he was not named or seen until StarCraft: Brood War (November 1998).
- Artanis's design in Heroes of the Storm reflects his appearance in StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void (November 2015).
- Artanis is voiced by Patrick Seitz.
- Artanis was announced at Gamescom 2015.
- All purchasers of StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void will unlock access to Artanis in Heroes of the Storm.
- Those who pre-purchased a digital copy of Legacy of the Void gained access to Artanis on October 20, 2015. He became available for sale to everyone as of October 27, 2015.
- The second and third tints of Artanis's Purifier skin respectively reference the mecha units EVA-02 and EVA-01 from the influential anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion.
- One of Artanis's gag quotes references the famous line "Stop poking me!" from Warcraft: Orcs & Humans (1994).
- Artanis was the first StarCraft warrior hero, the second being Dehaka.
Hero Changelog[edit | edit source]
- July 27th, 2016
-Health increased from 2245 to 2470 -Health Regen increased from 4.68 to 5.15 -Phase Prism (E) >Warp Sickness (Talent) Slow amount increased from 30 to 35%
- April 19th, 2016
-Health reduced from 2335 (+4% per level) to 2245 (+4% per level). -Health Regeneration reduced from approximately 4.86 (+4% per level) to 4.67 (+4% per level). -Twin Blades (W) Artanis’ next Basic Attack now also causes him to charge forward a short distance, equal to approximately half the distance provided by the previous iteration of the Zealot Charge Talent. >Zealot Charge (Talent) Now increases charge distance by 100%.
- March 9th, 2016 (16.4.4)
-Health increased from 2245 (+4% per level) to 2335 (+4% per level) -Health Regeneration increased from approximately 4.67 per second (+4% per level) to approximately 4.86 per second (+4% per level) -Shield Overload (Trait) >Shield Battery (Talent) Cooldown reduction increased from 6 to 8 seconds >Phase Bulwark (Talent) Duration of Ability damage reduction increased from 3 to 4 seconds >Shield Surge (Talent) Bonus Shield amount increased from 50% to 100% -Blade Dash (Q) >Templar’s Zeal (Talent) Cooldown recharge rate increased from 75% to 100% -Twin Blades (W) >Amateur Opponent (Talent) Bonus damage against non-Heroic targets increased from 100% to 150% >Triple Strike (Talent) Now also increases the cooldown of Twin Blades by 1 second -Phase Prism (E) >Khaydarian Resonance (Talent) removed >Chrono Surge (Talent) Attack Speed bonus increased from 25% to 40% >Warp Sickness (Talent) Slow duration increased from 3 to 4 seconds >Graviton Vortex (Talent) Now also reduces the cooldown of Phase Prism by 6 seconds
- December 15th, 2015 (15.3.0)
-Basic attack range increased by 25% -Phase Prism(E) >Range and speed have each been increased by 15%
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
- The Missing Link: Tentative List of More Heroes From Game Files, accessed on 2014-02-24
- 2014-03-18, Hero Interaction Strings - Introduction Questions, accessed on 2014-03-18
- Legacy of the Void Characters: Artanis
- Heroes of the Storm: Artanis
- In Development – Dehaka, Shogun Artanis, and more!
- 8/5/2015, Battle.net: New Heroes Storm the Nexus at gamescom
- 8/5/2015, HeroesNexus: Gamescom Info
- Unlock Artanis in Heroes with Legacy of the Void
[edit | edit source]
- Artanis Hero Week
- Artanis - Heroes of the Storm
- Artanis - StarCraft Wiki
- Artanis Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Artanis Quotations
- Artanis Quotes on YouTube