|Title||Hierarch of the Daelaam|
|Release Date|| October 20, 2015 (Pre-Release)|
October 27, 2015 (Full Release)
|Stats per level|
Artanis, the Hierarch of the Daelaam, is a melee warrior hero from the StarCraft universe. Despite his relative youth, Artanis was named Hierarch of the Daelaam after the fall of Aiur. Driven by the promise of a brighter future, he hopes to reclaim the protoss' fallen home world and rebuild their once glorious civilization.
Artanis is a duelist warrior who gains a shield automatically at low health. He repositions enemies and strikes with his blades.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the StarCraft universe.
When the First Contact War ended, Aiur had been conquered by the zerg Swarm. The protoss stood on the brink of oblivion, at risk of seeing their civilization disappear entirely. It was Artanis, a young executor, who prevented a bloody civil war and guided both the Khalai and Nerazim factions through the chaos of the Brood War. Now, with the Golden Armada at his command, he intends to take back Aiur and prepare his people for the final battle against an ancient and indomitable enemy.
Hierarch Artanis is an indomitable warrior who seeks to unify his beleaguered people. As a renowned Templar with centuries of experience, Artanis combines martial prowess and tactical acumen—striking swiftly with his psi-blades, taking the brunt of enemy assaults with his shields, or calling upon his flagship, the Spear of Adun, to turn his foes into dust. He'll let nothing stand in his way to restore the glory of the protoss.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: Upon gaining 40 bonus Attack Damage, you can also activate Seasoned Marksman to increase your Attack Speed by 40% for 3 seconds. 60 second cooldown.
Skins[edit | edit source]
|Artanis, Hierarch of the Daelaam|
|Despite his relative youth, Artanis was named Hierarch of the Daelaam after the fall of Aiur. Driven by the promise of a brighter future, he hopes to reclaim the protoss' fallen home world and rebuild their once glorious civilization.|
750 / 10,000
Free with the purchase of StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void.
|As Hierarch, Artanis strives for unity among his people. Drawing inspiration from the cultures of both Aiur and Shakuras, his ceremonial armor is a symbol of their combined strength.|
|Shortly after reactivation, Artanis purged Aiur of the protoss in an act of open rebellion. Now the Hierarch of the Purifiers leads his people on a quest to cleanse the sector of all organic life.|
|Skin Features: Altered voice-over.|
|The Khala is lost, and the war against Amon rages across the Koprulu Sector. Aboard the Spear of Adun, Artanis and his forces are the last hope against annihilation.|
|The Daelaam Shogunate is not blind to its people's suffering. Artanis, the newly appointed Shogun, has sworn to bring the Lenassa to justice before another clan falls to their dark blades.|
| Skin Features: Themed abilities. Shield Overload appears as a lantern. Blade Dash leaves fire in his wake. Twin Blades gives him burning swords. Phase Prism throws a flaming mask. Purifier Beam drops flaming spears on the target. Suppression Pulse drops a bomb that creates fiery sparks.|
Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of alternative history skins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Artanis was the "Executor" player character in StarCraft (March 1998), though he was not named or seen until StarCraft: Brood War (November 1998).
- Artanis's design in Heroes of the Storm reflects his appearance in StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void (November 2015).
- Artanis is voiced by Paul Ainsley in StarCraft, and by Patrick Seitz in StarCraft II and Heroes of the Storm.
- Artanis was announced at Gamescom 2015.
- All purchasers of StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void will unlock access to Artanis in Heroes of the Storm.
- Those who prepurchased a digital copy of Legacy of the Void gained access to Artanis on October 20, 2015. He became available for sale to everyone as of October 27, 2015.
- The second and third tints of Artanis's Purifier skin reference Eva-02 and Eva-01 (respectively) from the influential anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion.
- All three tints of Artanis' Daelaam palette depict him with stained armor, and his mane is shorter than normal.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2011-10-23, BlizzCon 2011 - Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and Blizzard DOTA - Art & Technology Panel (Full). YouTube, accessed on 2011-11-07
- The Missing Link: Tentative List of More Heroes From Game Files, accessed on 2014-02-24
- 2014-03-18, Hero Interaction Strings - Introduction Questions, accessed on 2014-03-18
- Legacy of the Void Characters: Artanis
- Heroes of the Storm: Artanis
- In Development – Dehaka, Shogun Artanis, and more!
- 8/5/2015, Battle.net: New Heroes Storm the Nexus at gamescom
- 8/5/2015, HeroesNexus: Gamescom Info
- Unlock Artanis in Heroes with Legacy of the Void
[edit | edit source]
- Artanis Hero Week
- Artanis - Heroes of the Storm
- Artanis - StarCraft Wiki
- Artanis Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Artanis Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Artanis Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm