|Title||Highlord of the Tal'darim|
|Release Date||September 13, 2016|
|Stats per level|
Alarak, the Highlord of the Tal'darim, is a melee assassin hero from the StarCraft universe.  Not all heroes are born of altruism... some, like Alarak, simply desire vengeance. As the new Highlord of the Tal'darim, Alarak leads his people to a destiny free of the corrupt influence of the fallen xel'naga, Amon.
An aberrant melee assassin who can manipulate enemy's position and punish poor enemy positioning.
Background[edit | edit source]This section concerns content exclusive to the StarCraft universe.
Alarak is the highlord of the Tal'darim. He was previously the First Ascendant in the Chain of Ascension under Highlord Ma'lash. During the End War, Alarak used his alliance with the Daelaam to overthrow and replace Ma'lash, and turn the Tal'darim against Amon.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Talents[edit | edit source]
❢ Reward: After hitting 15 Heroes, increase its damage by an additional 45.
❢ Reward: None
After channeling, Alarak charges forward dealing 439 (208 + 4% per level) damage to all enemies in the path. Distance is increased based on the amount of time channeled, up to 1.625 seconds.Issuing a Move order while this is channeling will cancel it at no cost. Taking damage will interrupt the channeling.
Alarak becomes Protected and channels for 1 second. If an enemy Hero attacked Alarak during that time, Alarak sends a shockwave forward that deals 548 (260 + 4% per level) damage.
After channeling, Alarak charges forward dealing 439 (208 + 4% per level) damage to all enemies in the path. Distance is increased based on the amount of time channeled, up to 1.625 seconds.Issuing a Move order while this is channeling will cancel it at no cost. Taking damage will interrupt the channeling.This ability will take over your Trait button.
Channel for 1 second and become Protected. After, if an enemy Hero attacked you, send a shockwave that deals 548 (260 + 4% per level) damage.This ability will take over your Trait button.
Activate to remove all roots, slows, and damage over time effects and teleport to the chosen location. Activating Last Laugh will immediately reduce Alarak's Health to 1.
Activate to permanently reduce your Sadism bonus by 4% and reset the cooldowns of your Basic Abilities.
Skins[edit | edit source]
- Highlord of the Tal'darim
- Herald of N'zoth
- Backstory: The God of the Deep writhes within his prison, thrashing endlessly. Alarak, the Corruptor's Herald, brings word of the Old God's return, preparing all realities for the coming change.
- Price: $9.99 / 9.99€
- Skin Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other franchises merging into Warcraft skins.
Mounts[edit | edit source]
Alarak's default mount is "Highlord's Ascent", a state where he floats above the ground. He is otherwise limited to mounts he can stand on (such as Blackheart's Doubloon, Champion's Nexagon, Championship Banner, Hearthstone Card, Magic Carpet, Star Chariot, and Void Speeder) - this is because the weight of his armor is too much for a stallion to bare.
- Backstory: Should he choose to float only an inch off the ground, you would still be beneath the Highlord.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Alaraks kit revolves around his theme of vengeance as he moves his enemies around the battlefield and extractes a ton of damage afterwards.
- Alarak first appeared in the short story Ascension (October 2015). His first game appearance was in StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void (November 2015).
- Alarak is voiced by John de Lancie.
- Alarak's Q ability, Discord Strike, is also a nod to de Lancie – he played a character named "Q" in Star Trek, and he voices another named "Discord" in My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic.
- Alarak was one of the two heroes revealed at Gamescon 2016.
- The second tint of Alarak's default skin makes his eyes and the gems on his armor a forest green color.
- It is also reffering to the Red Dragon from Highschool DxD.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Alarak Hero Week
- Alarak - Heroes of the Storm
- Alarak - StarCraft Wiki
- Alarak Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Alarak Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Alarak Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm